5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

~~ LOOK! ~~ Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:12 AM
Solo_909

Default RE: ~~ LOOK! ~~ Help!!!!!

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

jesus ****ing crap guy.... the motor is the ****ing same

one has a carb, one has CFI

if the guy says it has EFI, it might be a conversion.... now stop friggin posting!

Hey A$$Hole theres nothing on the carb that says CFI! it just said EFI its pretty simple did 85 have both a normal carb'd motor and a E.F.I / Carb'd motor? plain and simple
and how is it the same if one is carb and one isnt?? wouldnt that be twoo different motors?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:14 AM
Solo_909

ORIGINAL: 85GTsleeper

ok buddy imma make it easy for you E.F.I means electronic fuel injection so if you see a carb its not efi
you must not know what im talking about then because I saw one with my own eyes today. it was both it had the carb pan with filter and when you took that off guess what was there?? yes F.I it was both
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

i had and 85 cobra gt (Canadian Edition) with the AOD tranny it had the CFI injection..i pulled it off and installed a carb.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Solo_909

if the guy says it has EFI, it might be a conversion.... now stop friggin posting!

Hey A$$Hole theres nothing on the carb that says CFI! it just said EFI its pretty simple did 85 have both a normal carb'd motor and a E.F.I / Carb'd motor? plain and simple
and how is it the same if one is carb and one isnt?? wouldnt that be twoo different motors?
hey friggin genius, the 302 was an HO from 82-95... its the same god damn motor...

btw cockbite... EFI didnt start will 86, but dont worry, you can blow me later!

Like I said, IF its TRUE EFI, it was CONVERTED!!!! moron... try reading this time!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Li0nHart

i had and 85 cobra gt (Canadian Edition) with the AOD tranny it had the CFI injection..i pulled it off and installed a carb.
THANK YOU!!!.... atleast SOMEONE knows wtf is going on here
Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Solo_909

so here I found two differnet pictures of two 85's
heres a 85 gt 5 speed!

and heres a 85 gt automatic

two different motors? right? ones carb's and ones carb'd / F.I ? whats the difference if there is one?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Solo_909

hey friggin genius, the 302 was an HO from 82-95... its the same god damn motor...

Like I said, IF its TRUE EFI, it was CONVERTED!!!! moron... try reading this time!

look at the pics smart ***! lmfao i know they are both HO's I did read the thing thats funny is your too ****ing stupid and have no idea what your talking about and you own a mustang this is my second day leanring about this car. ****ing punk *** bitch.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 AM
5.0liter_rice_eater
2nd Gear Member

look at the pics smart ***! lmfao i know they are both HO's I did read the thing thats funny is your too ****ing stupid and have no idea what your talking about and you own a mustang this is my second day leanring about this car. ****ing punk *** bitch.
Why don't you look at the pics... it's the same motor. 302s were basically the same in all foxes. He's tryig to say they came with a carb or a CFI. They only diff. is that little box on the top of the engine that sprays gasoline (commonly used fuel for automobiles) down that big hole we like to call an "intake manifold"
Old 02-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Solo_909

(Why don't you look at the pics... it's the same motor. 302s were basically the same in all foxes. He's tryig to say they came with a carb or a CFI. They only diff. is that little box on the top of the engine that sprays gasoline (commonly used fuel for automobiles) down that big hole we like to call an "intake manifold")

i understand that haha he was saying that it wasnt an 85 he said it must have been a swap. my question still isnt hard but thanks to you, you answered it. my question was "are there 2 different 85 5.0's motors" nobody answered that but you! thats all I wanted to know. I dont want a half carb half F.I i just want the 5 speed 5.0 carb'd motor. I dont just dont understand why they would do that between the automatic and the 5sp. thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

'85 GT with manual tranny = Carbureted 5.0L HO roller block/cam.
'85 GT with auto tranny = CFI system non-roller block/cam with the HO designation.

FYI...the HO designation by Ford is a marketing scheme when 302's were "reintroduced" back in 1982. They had the "HO" designation even though they were regular flat tappet camshaft engines and had a 2-barrel carburetor. We are the ones that have made the association of HO = roller block with roller cam and 351w firing order.