5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Howd you get your tune done ?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:42 AM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Howd you get your tune done ?

yeah im about to get the tweecer...and like barn said if he can figure it out so can you. just read, read. and questions, then read some more. its alot harder to blow a N/A motor...you would hear detonation, knocking, or something and tells you when to back it down it you happen to go 2 far...make very small changes.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mnile9127

Tweecer & EA(Eec Analyzer) is the $hit.
It only requires at little brain work.
I second that!!!
(I like the avatar by the way... "He's comin' right for us!" lol)

I went with a tweecer RT and EA is an awesome add on. There may be cheaper options for tuning and datalogging, but the RT and EA are pretty sweet.

The tweecer software can be downloaded for free at tweecer.com
EA can be downloaded as well, I believe. It is $55 for a working version though. The 'notes' and 'help' files in EA are some good reading as well.

jason

R.Barn-
Are you still considering a tweecer?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 AM
black_pearl_gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r.barn

First you have to understand how the EEC works, then you can make changes
with something like PMS or Tweecer
i may be wrong here but he has an sn95 just like me and from my understanding theEEC and the sn95s' 5.0computer are nothing alike. please correct me if im wrong
Old 02-28-2007, 02:05 AM
mnile9127
2nd Gear Member

From what i have learned the the tweecer works with most ford eec's.
there are different processing strategies that you need to know based on which eec you have.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

^ I was also considering the tweecer RT also, forgot to mention that in the first post. I just read a shat load on that fordfuelinjection.com, it has a TON of usefull info. I learned alot from sitting here reading for the last 3 hours. One thing holding me back from the tweecer is that i dont have a laptop, and the tweecer rt is 550, and i could prolly get a laptop for 300, but i would still need wideband o2's and a gauge, bout another 250, so thats over a grand in just tuning this. I could go the megasquirt route for around 600 for everything i need including a laptop, but then again it is more indepth. Or i could take it up to the dyno for 550 and have the give me a one time tune ( also a downfall ) I do plan on adding a small shot of n2o in the near future after everything is running stable N/A.

So its a toss up between money and what money is gonna buy. So whasts your guys' opinions on the best bang for my buck when it comes to tuning ? Please give me some reasons also, why 1 is better than the other, etc....
Sorry for the long posts, just tryin to get a plan down so i can finish up. My stang has been out for much too long. Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

what if you don't have a dyno within 2 hours of your house?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

^ But i do, its about a 20 mintue drive from here.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 PM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

Maybe its just me, I like the tweecer and all however the thought of tuning my own car and then adding nitrous gives me the heebs.... I think I would rather run it to a shop, have them do it so if it blows up its their fault.

Tweecer is a idea for me down the road, plus I already have a beat up laptop i can mount into my car....

Old 02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

I have also hear that a dyno tuner leaves alot of fields untouched, thus leaving back horsepower that could have been freed up as to where diong a self tune you can work with every aspect and free up that " hidden " horsepower. So overall, you can get more out of a self tune ?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Most dyno tunes will not work drivability, and if they do, it seems to be on a limited basis. This wouldn't matter if the car was a track warrior, but most everyone here still drives their stang on the street.

Keep in mind that just because your motor blows up on a shops dyno while being tuned, doesn't mean they are going to replace your motor. No way they would admit fault on this. They would say it was due to a defective piston, mismatched parts, or some other crap....

jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Howd you get your tune done ?