MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   transmission roaring! help please.... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/251476-transmission-roaring-help-please.html)

POIZNES 02-27-2007 11:36 AM

transmission roaring! help please....

ok i have a 94 cobra with a 5 speed... just got it back from having the rear end rebuilt with 373... I thought i was hearing a roaring from the rear end but apparently its coming from my tranny and i know the throw out bearing is in bad shape because is chirps when in neutral and off the clutch... the transmission shifts great but in higher gears especially there is a loud roaring coming from under the car! the faster i go the worse it gets under acceleration and when i let off it almost stops... i can also push in the clutch while driving and it completely stops... any info would be greatly appreciated guys thanks!

ahittz24 02-27-2007 11:39 AM

RE: transmission roaring! help please....

ORIGINAL: POIZNES

ok i have a 94 cobra with a 5 speed... just got it back from having the rear end rebuilt with 373... I thought i was hearing a roaring from the rear end but apparently its coming from my tranny and i know the throw out bearing is in bad shape because is chirps when in neutral and off the clutch... the transmission shifts great but in higher gears especially there is a loud roaring coming from under the car! the faster i go the worse it gets under acceleration and when i let off it almost stops... i can also push in the clutch while driving and it completely stops... any info would be greatly appreciated guys thanks!
I believe you answered your own question. Either that or the shop that did your rear end didnt set the pinion depth and ring gear back lash correctly, that will cause a horrible sound.

15austin 02-27-2007 12:19 PM

Check the fluid level in your tranny.

94gtcoupe 02-27-2007 06:52 PM

+1 guys don't be dumb think about what your asking... a throw out bearing is exactly that A BEARING, and WTF sound does a bad bearing make? a gowlying or the way u explained it a roaring sound

ORIGINAL: ahittz24

ORIGINAL: POIZNES

I believe you answered your own question. Either that or the shop that did your rear end didnt set the pinion depth and ring gear back lash correctly, that will cause a horrible sound.

POIZNES 02-27-2007 08:07 PM

thanks for all the info guys.. i was just kind of worried that it was the tranny and if i had to take it out i was gonna go ahead and have it rebuilt but since most of you think it is the throw out bearing, i will just thrown in a new pilot and throw out bearing and make sure the tranny has plenty of good fluid in it! you guys are great... thanks for the quick input

ROTTITANK 02-27-2007 08:17 PM

Pinion is not set right.

POIZNES 02-28-2007 09:56 AM

the guy who installed the gear might as well be an expert and i drove it jacked it up and said it was coming from the tranny... i trust his work and the roaring was doing it before the gears were changed! i just though it was the rearend... i guess im gonna yank the tranny and put in some new bearings and see what happens

ROTTITANK 02-28-2007 10:05 AM

Well then.......Why didnt u say that in the first place. U made it sound like the roaring started right after u got it back.

P Zero 02-28-2007 10:22 AM

My rearend roar's whenI eat beans.[:'(]
-P.

94gtcoupe 02-28-2007 02:19 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]..... anyway did u not read what i wrote?[:@] it's prolly the throwout bearing, if the bearings in the tranny were going bad u would have bigger problems than just a "roaring" sound.... but what do i know i guess it's not like i rebuild these or any thing:eek: