5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

forced aspiration kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:41 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Default RE: forced aspiration kit

Forced induction, natural aspiration Check turbomustangs.com for fabbing your own stuff, the guys there supposedly know their stuff (I haven't checked it out yet, recommended all the time on this site tho..). I'm going to start doing some research soon, I'd love to build my own turbo system sometime down the road. Need to know your stuff though, and even then with all the supporting stuff it's gonna be well over $500...well over.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

if you go on helion website there is 03 terminator white with orange stripes, i know that kid and he lives at my town and works close to me....his **** is sooooo fast, he has an awesome clip on youtube....he has 718hp to the wheels on the stock block.....insane
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i know it sounds bogus but its on there and it is a stock block and they show you the dyno run with the comp results after each dyno run, they do like 3 runs
Old 02-28-2007, 12:49 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i was looking for the head unit and maybe the tubing adn wastegate and that stuff for the 500....maybe even the head unit and i do my own tubing. that hwat i was lookin for for about 500. i've done alot of lookin and havent seen much for that price, i was originally curious to see if there was anything out there at all
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 AM
mopman93
3rd Gear Member

o so these are the guys who mount them down below? what about hititng potholes and rocks and crap? i dunno bout u guys but pu here in ct its bumpy as hell and a bitch on the undercarriage, guess its not as flat as out west or wherever these guys are from
Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 AM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

It's crazy what the 4.6's can handle..absolutely insane. Livernois Motorsports (MI speed shop) has a black Terminator that they just slapped an 18lb blower on. Nothing else, maybe injectors but that was it. The stupid thing was putting out 660hp (not sure if wheel or fly), could have gone more but that was about as much as the stock fuel system could handle[sm=tongue.gif]
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

the one i'm talkin about pushes 19.5 in the video but i've been hearing hes up to 22lbs now and its just outragous on hp. he searches for bikes to race not cars because there aint shyt on the street that can catch him that is street legal, everything is legal on his and he even has all his interior, no weight reduction or anything.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Red FIVE O
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r.barn

http://www.ststurbo.com/

HP Turbo makes a good kit, but I hear horror stories on them
taking 6 months to deliver

Hellion makes a good kit and they keep them in stock
for next day shipping.

PTS makes a good kit, but again hear horror stories on delivery

There is also PonyDown turbo kits and B&G turbo that offers DYI headers and parts as well as kits.

what kind of storries bout PTS Man!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I've never heard anything bad about STS, but they don't make kits for foxes as far as I know....they have to have enough room underneath to mount the turbos and pipes.

R.barn, the guy must have just bought the single turbo kit b/c STS makes an TT kit that uses the stock dual setup....

FivePointOhh...Even if you could get the head unit and tubing for $500 (not realistic, but let's pretend), you would still need all the fuel system components tomake it even work (better fuel pump, injectors, MAF or PMS...)
Old 02-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

If you can weld. You can fab a SC set up cheap using an OEM SC. May not be pretty looking like the pre fabbed kits. But will work, and if done correctly you could get more boost out of it.

Quick Reply: forced aspiration kit