5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

i think my car is twisted *updated pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: i think my car is twisted

i'll look more tomorrow in the light
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

yea check out the lines i mentioned though. definately around the hood though. if the car is twisted in either direction u will be able to tell
Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 PM
militarymustang88gt
2nd Gear Member

if you look on the drivers side right above the 1/4 window their will be a bubble usually this is from running slicks at the track i didnt have it till mine was run down the 1/4 it will look like a bubble in the paint like a inch and a half around in kind of an oblong shape
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: militarymustang88gt

if you look on the drivers side right above the 1/4 window their will be a bubble usually this is from running slicks at the track i didnt have it till mine was run down the 1/4 it will look like a bubble in the paint like a inch and a half around in kind of an oblong shape
good info but i got a vert
Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 AM
RNGIII

What it looks like to me is that someone stuck a jack underneath that fender. Very typical. It causes the fender to bow out and look misaligned. The only way to fix it is to remove the fender from the car. That's quite an ordeal just to fix a gap. But if you're picky like me, you'd dig into it. To do it right you'll need to remove the nose, lower rocker molding, inner fender liner and then you'll be able to adust the fender. Be wary of the fact that if you move that fender,you'll inevitably have to adjust the hood a little and possibly the other fender on the other side. When I had my car painted it took just over half a day to align all the panels. When you move one, it affects the others. I highly doubt your car is twisted.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:05 AM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

i wish fox body panels lined up as well as the 99+ mustangs do from the factory
Old 03-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

They do when new. In fact because they use more straight lines. When the panels are a little of it is less noticeable.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RNGIII

What it looks like to me is that someone stuck a jack underneath that fender. Very typical. It causes the fender to bow out and look misaligned. The only way to fix it is to remove the fender from the car. That's quite an ordeal just to fix a gap. But if you're picky like me, you'd dig into it. To do it right you'll need to remove the nose, lower rocker molding, inner fender liner and then you'll be able to adust the fender. Be wary of the fact that if you move that fender,you'll inevitably have to adjust the hood a little and possibly the other fender on the other side. When I had my car painted it took just over half a day to align all the panels. When you move one, it affects the others. I highly doubt your car is twisted.
hhhmmmmmmmmm. i'm gonna have to take a peek at this theory tomorrow thanks for this response, man. brilliant idea, i woulda never thought of that.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:37 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

someone did the jack ordeal to my car on both sides, why can't people just jack the car up fromthe frame.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM
goathead75
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

ORIGINAL: RNGIII

hhhmmmmmmmmm. i'm gonna have to take a peek at this theory tomorrow thanks for this response, man. brilliant idea, i woulda never thought of that.
I'd be willing to bet that's your problem. Someone jacked my car on the pinch welds and folded them over and it bowed the fender a bit. Hardly noticable though. It's also on my "to do" list.

Quick Reply: i think my car is twisted *updated pics*