5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Fox or SN95 for 10sec street car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:15 AM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Fox or SN95 for 10sec street car?

ORIGINAL: kev2369

i have raced a few sn95's with almost the exact same mods... and i always took them.... and a couple of my frens got them and after being in my car they would say they should have gotten a fox..
but everyone is diffrent.... sorry i cant give you some technical specs just experience in raceing them..
Same motor and mods in a lighter car.... Typically unless something drastic effects the lighter car (suspension, tires, etc...), it should win... In my personal experience, a fox just feels like a faster car as well... Like riding in a tin can or something where my 94 is a lot smoother and feels slow... Guess cause fumes aren't coming in the car and the motor doesn't shake the whole thing...
oh yes the fumes[8D]...will make a grown man cry..
Old 03-09-2007, 04:26 AM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

i have raced a few sn95's with almost the exact same mods... and i always took them.... and a couple of my frens got them and after being in my car they would say they should have gotten a fox..
but everyone is diffrent.... sorry i cant give you some technical specs just experience in raceing them..
Same motor and mods in a lighter car.... Typically unless something drastic effects the lighter car (suspension, tires, etc...), it should win... In my personal experience, a fox just feels like a faster car as well... Like riding in a tin can or something where my 94 is a lot smoother and feels slow... Guess cause fumes aren't coming in the car and the motor doesn't shake the whole thing...

thats why I really like my fox,
I vote a fox
Old 03-09-2007, 04:26 AM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gearbanger

Well, you are talking about a minimum of 50lbs in just weight, not including the difference in drivers weights. Of course the fox is going to be faster in that instance. The real thing is though, most cars will never have the exact same mods, and even if they did, they usually won't have the same numbers(usually +-1-2% in most cases).
Old 03-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Goosepoop302
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hdawg06

also the sn95's always made less power then the foxes... if you where to put the exact same mods in both the fox will be faster..
Do you have any reasoning for this? How much difference are you talking? Like 5-10whp at the 500whp or what?

I'd go with the sn95, not because i have one, because i like the foxes better, but because you don't see many sn95's that fast... Be something different... Actually, most people automatically assume sn95's are slow, because the majority of them are 4.6's which are expensive to mod and not very responsive to them either... That's my .02
I agree. Most sn95 stangs are fairly fast, especially if they aren't a cobra.
lol i guess i dont see why you will still take all of em, race me if you like. i would get the sn95 cause really i dont like the look of the fox box buh hey thats me
Old 03-09-2007, 04:56 AM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Goosepoop302
lol i guess i dont see why you will still take all of em, race me if you like. i would get the sn95 cause really i dont like the look of the fox box buh hey thats me
I like the foxbody just fine, but I can't stand the interior on them though, that is where I really favor the sn95. I also think the sn95 is one of the best looking cars Ford has made in a while...
Old 03-09-2007, 12:02 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I don't know why you guys are complaining about the foxeshaving exhaust leaks, and all the shakes and rattles. If you get a fox that has been well maintained and not beat on you wont have those issues (at least I don't).
Old 03-09-2007, 03:03 PM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

I don't know why you guys are complaining about the foxeshaving exhaust leaks, and all the shakes and rattles. If you get a fox that has been well maintained and not beat on you wont have those issues (at least I don't).
Problem really is, do you want to pay 6-9k for a clean fox? Most foxs these days are pretty ratty, and not in too great of shape. Atleast that is what I see around town and online, so maybe I'm a bit biased. My friend recently got a 89 LX with 57k, and he paid near 6.5k for it and it was completely stock. That is too much for that old of a car IMO. I'd be spending 3-4.5k on a fox tops...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
750HPGT
2nd Gear Member

i voted sn-95 for the fact it rides so smooth and it dont rattle.but i wish i never sold my 90wildstrawberry!

what part of Kansas are you from?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

I would say the fox....................Evan thou I love my sn95!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I prefer the look of the sn95 style which is why I drive one. I tend to see more fox body's around phoenix then like mine.

But then function follows form......... I think......

Quick Reply: Fox or SN95 for 10sec street car?