5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Going to check out 5.0 :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:56 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Default Going to check out 5.0 :)

Well i found out theres a nice looking black mustang gt, possibly a 90-93 (has airbag) in my town thats been sitting for a while in someones driveway. I drove by and looked at it, the exterior is in excellent condition, but the inside is moldy. I knocked on the door but no one answered. I went back today and no one was home but the neighbour said they'd be home later and he can give them my number. He also said that it is infact for sale. So I'm hoping that they'd be willing to sell it at a reasonable price and give me time to save up for it. The only thing i dont like about it is on the hood theres a big air brushed mural of two horseys. I think its a little over done. Heres a pic of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37075/882D06DF4C9E4C548C417602CE832FBF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 AM
BackInBlack90LX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Going to check out 5.0 :)

nice g/l hopefully u get it for like 1000 bux FTW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:17 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ya id be totally stoked if i got it for that cheap. I'd be able to keep my mustang now and just work on the gt until its super nice. But i doubt it, it looks like someone really cared for it, enough to put the stupid horses on the hood. But i dont get why they would do all that then just let it sit in the driveway and get mouldy. There's also a truck and a camaro that are on his property just sitting there. I wonder if th emustang runs. If not maybe just swap my 2.3 into it hahaha
Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 AM
BackInBlack90LX
3rd Gear Member

please dont do a 2.3 swap FTL!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: getafewlives

ya id be totally stoked if i got it for that cheap. I'd be able to keep my mustang now and just work on the gt until its super nice. But i doubt it, it looks like someone really cared for it, I wonder if th emustang runs. If not maybe just swap my 2.3 into it hahaha
[sm=chairshot.gif]Theres a guy here that has a mint 91 gt. He put a 2.3 turbo in it and said that the reason he put in it there was the stock "5.8" (yeah he said stock 5.8) was expensive gas wise, and this seemed like a good idea instead of selling the car,i look at the motor it was a stock 5.0, (this was after he told me i had the same 5.8 ) and that they are too big of a motor for a car that small ! i tryed to buy the 5.0 and the car "to save it" .........sometimes back woods boys should just stick to john Deer's and trucks....[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Well i talked to the lady living there, and she says its her sons car. She said it has a broken tranny (she doesnt seem to know a lot about the car). She said her son wanted 1500 (canadian) for it but she'd give it to me for 1200. I put in my battery and all the electrical came on but the cark wouldnt crank over at all or even click. when i push the clutch down it doesnt fell like its doing anything. it just sorta stays where ever i push ir or pull it back. Im thinking maybe the trannys fine and its just the clutch? what do you guys think i should do?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

The car is probably worth more than 1200 parted out so you can't lose. t-5's are a dime a dozen if it comes to that. i would buy it and go from there. if it has black interior jump on it now cause its worth a lot. just the ground effects are worth $500 on ebay
Old 03-13-2007, 12:17 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

sounds like the clutch cables snapped
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Well if i were you (and im not ),I would be all over that car like flys on shyt !Cause if you don't you will be kickin your self in the teeth for for a long time to come.I got mine for a bout 1500 with a new motor new tranny and clean body, it was a steal (love it when they are hurtin for cash). The interior wasn't in the best of shape but so what ! Tell ya what if you don't get it, tell me where it is and i will, im looking for a 87-93 gt hatch or vert m5 car
Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

From the outside it looks really nice, the body is almost flawless except the dent/crack on the room near the sunroof. Under the hood it looked all stock except i noticed bbk chrome headers. I'm just worried that i'll buy the car, put money into it and find out that the engines blown. I'm only 17, still in highschool working 2 minimum wage jobs and i dont have money to blow. But my girlfriends parents said i could store it in their workshop so i can make it a long term project. The front end i noticed is also lowered to the point where the tires like right in the wheel well. The passenger door handle was snapped off ( no surprise) but when i went to open the drivers side it snapped off in my hand lmfao. So i had to climb through the hatchback. Which needs new piston thingys to hold it up. The interior is covered in mold pretty bad, and has some cracked plastic in the trunk area. The steering column is missing all the plastic around it. The weather stirpping on the sunroof is toast, but doesnt leak as far as i can tell. The headlights are looking pretty gross. But a lot of the interior I can just swap from my car. The alternator and ac pump looked kinda rusty but probably still run. No clue if the ac still blows cold. It did turn on though. ooo but one thing i really like is in the fornt it doesnt have the ford logo it has the pony

Quick Reply: Going to check out 5.0 :)