5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

everyones specialties

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: everyones specialties

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: dimebag

ORIGINAL: dimebag

I'm not sure I understand the question
like whats ur strong point w. cars?
LOL I do hope you're kidding???

lol u asked
Haha only difference is, I was kidding, you were not!!

Nice sig btw!
thanks the chopshop guys made it for me

im digin ur sig too, is it rly urs? or just a pic?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:40 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I sold my stang for to buy it. Badass huh!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

its tight but i wouldnt sell ur stang for it.... u bein serrious?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

well since i'm goin to school for it, i would have to say chassis fabrication is my specialty
Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Engines and also building a car as light as possible that is still NHRA legal. Also scamming the tech people at the raceway........
Old 03-17-2007, 05:58 AM
Chitown racer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vristang

I don't have a specialty... I just float around the Mustang Forums and spew faulty information every where I can... [sm=sorry.gif]

[sm=icon_beat.gif]

jason
I thought that was my specialty? Oh wait, thats right I'm the noob who doesnt know anything becaus he has a low post count and apparently I just repeat stuff Ive read in other posts...lol. Seriously thoughin general my specialty is engines and engine building.Whenit comes to Mustangs though I would have to say I have an above average understanding of Ford EFI system.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:22 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

chassis fabrication and welding of any sort by process and alloy, suspension, interior mods,exhaust,most electrical other than the damn eec-iv sombetch got a mind of its own i tell ya!!!!! i guess mainly just being able to take just about any fitment issue and make it work. of course being a specialty pipefitter welder working mainly nuclear facilities around the reactors all around the world might influence that a little.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:28 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

good chinatown then tell me why in the hell is it when i shift from 2nd gear to 3rd my car completely cuts out for a brief second then resumes as normal and then again in between 3rd and 4th and not all the time every 2nd or third cycle and usually after warm up. got video clips you can see what im talking about, just let me know and i will post it here.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Chitown racer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iceman89gt

good chinatown then tell me why in the hell is it when i shift from 2nd gear to 3rd my car completely cuts out for a brief second then resumes as normal and then again in between 3rd and 4th and not all the time every 2nd or third cycle and usually after warm up. got video clips you can see what im talking about, just let me know and i will post it here.
The videos would be helpful as well as abit more info about your car. I see the list of mods in your sign but it doesnt say anything about the type of MAF meter your using or or any type of tuning you may have done.A complete list of mods would be helpful. Also, if you can relate the beginning of this problem to an installation of a new part(s) or any otherchange you may have made to your car.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

thats just it, i didnt change crap, mod list is huge but its a 306 with stock bottom end, holley systemax top end, 75mm ford maf , 70mm bbk tb, 24 lb fms injectors, kn conical filter, the video below if you pay close attention you will hear it bogg out and its almost like im shifting late but im not. then again just as i shift into 4th at top end of track. both videos it cuts out in spots due to the problem. codes are show bad egr,eprom failure - whatever that means, and ego bank 2 lean and also fuel circuit something or another. vid against mustang but it sounds likev i shift late into 2 but thats really the deafd spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkvtJEA2rA

Quick Reply: everyones specialties