5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

modded but still guttless! why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: modded but still guttless! why?

ORIGINAL: tortugasmoker

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: frdmstng1986GT

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

is it possible that the stock MAF can be calibrated?? ive heard of people doing a 70mm MAF conversion.... or somthing like that. or does it physically have to be bigger.

the pic of my upper mainfold should show up.... as you can see it is a gt 40, not a cobra, like what was suggested before.
the size of the maf has nothing to do with the calibration of it.. it all has to do with the sampling tube and the electronics in the maf itself. a stock maf is calibrated to 19lb injectors and you have 24lb injectors and youre computer is calibrated for 24lb injectors,thus the reason why youre car is not running to it's full potential. i'm not too up on what the best aftermarket mafs that are out there are but hopefully someone will chime in and let you know what is the best one to get.
you guys really need to drop it with this "calibrated maf" crap...

MAF's dont have a calibration.... the ability to run a certain size injector has to do with the programming of the ECM.

a 19# "calibrated" MAF will work fine on a cobra computer, since its tune is varied from the stock A9* computer...
yeah i totally agree, i have an 89 with cobra u/l intake, ported e7s, cobra ecu, cobra MAF, and 19 pounders and it runs like a champ.
I don't know how I missed this, but it is wrong...

A 93 Cobra computer, with a 93 Cobra MAF, and 19lb injectors is NOT running properly.
You should be running 24lb injectors, or get a custom tune...

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2
you guys really need to drop it with this "calibrated maf" crap...

MAF's dont have a calibration.... the ability to run a certain size injector has to do with the programming of the ECM.

a 19# "calibrated" MAF will work fine on a cobra computer, since its tune is varied from the stock A9* computer...
I'm not even sure what you are getting at here...

Ifone usesa 93 Cobra computer, then you MUST use 24lb injectors and a 93 Cobra specific MAF/MAS unit.

If aftermarket parts are being discussed, then that is a completely different scenario.

jason
Old 03-23-2007, 11:46 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: modded but still guttless! why?

wouldnt hurt to do a compression test to make sure she is a happy engine...