5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Superchargers

rgr, my car is running pretty strong, how much do you think it would cost, im looking for the CHEAPIST most reliable, + install, estimated price?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

In your case I would do the H/C/I first. With that many miles the gaskets break down and when you add a supercharger your crankcase pressure really goes up and it can push the weak parts of the gasket out. I'm telling you this out of personal experience. My blower pushed my oil pan gasket out and started to leak before I did my H/C/I. I had 121,000 miles.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: Glasersil

In your case I would do the H/C/I first. With that many miles the gaskets break down and when you add a supercharger your crankcase pressure really goes up and it can push the weak parts of the gasket out. I'm telling you this out of personal experience. My blower pushed my oil pan gasket out and started to leak before I did my H/C/I. I had 121,000 miles.
Shush, you're going to jinx me!!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: Glasersil

Shush, you're going to jinx me!!
LOL I hope not. But it was a great excuse for me to get the h/c/i done sooner Atleast I told the wife that!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:04 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

what would h/c/i cost for an install you think?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

LoL, that about sums it up. They should all fit under the stock hood with no problems. A few brands to look at... Perhaps an ATI Procharger, Paxton Novi, Vortech S-Trim are all good centri blowers. Many people also like the Kenne Bell twin screws style.
smart man those are all good charges too look at... ive really heard no major bad things about them... more so its be preferances... like not liking one setup but likign another better... just read thru the and look them all over.... paxton novi 2000 will take 1000hp... that beats out the rest... if u have huge plans... i wouldn run a novi at 1000hp tho... but the otehrs will all kinda top out at like 450-650range... depends what your plans are... what kinda sound u want... what numbers u want... the lay out of hte engine u profer... if u wanna take the oil pan or not
Old 03-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

My installer charged me 500 for the install. He's a guy from my local forum here. He does all the work on my car now so he gives me a great price. If it would have done it myself but he has years of experience and I'd rather have him work on my car than me. I mean a shop will charge probably twice that if not more. You will also need to get it tuned. You can get a SCT Chip which is what I'm doing now until I bite the bullet and get a FAST system installed.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Glasersil, you have GOT to get a Tweecer RT. I've been playing with mine off and on and I absoutely love it! It's a bit pricier than a chip ($525 - $550ish) but I think it's worth it. The datalogging is priceless and I love the amount of control you get.

Plus once you learn what you're doing... You can use the same tweecer to tune multiple vehicles. Once you get a tune you like, just save the bin and have it burned down to a chip before moving onto the next vehicle. Great deal if you like doing it yourself and want to do your own tunes.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Glasersil, you have GOT to get a Tweecer RT. I've been playing with mine off and on and I absoutely love it! It's a bit pricier than a chip ($525 - $550ish) but I think it's worth it. The datalogging is priceless and I love the amount of control you get.

Plus once you learn what you're doing... You can use the same tweecer to tune multiple vehicles. Once you get a tune you like, just save the bin and have it burned down to a chip before moving onto the next vehicle. Great deal if you like doing it yourself and want to do your own tunes.

Yeah that would save me from having to rewire everything I'm not sure if you can fine tune those as much as the fast system. Do you have some links to read about the tweecer? I have to get a chip done now though because my car is sitting at my installers house he just finished the h/c/i and i'm going to tow it to the tuner. How long did it take to get your first tune complete?

Quick Reply: Superchargers