5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

i give up... just goin to pull the engine

Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
subhumantat
1st Gear Member

Default RE: i give up... just goin to pull the engine

is four ppl enough? sure, if two of them are getting beers for the others, otherwise thats too many ppl w/ "opinions" on how it should be done
Old 03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: subhumantat

is four ppl enough? sure, if two of them are getting beers for the others, otherwise thats too many ppl w/ "opinions" on how it should be done
haha thats funny **** rite there... ok i will probably just pull the engine then and try to re-aline it when im ready for it to go bak in get help for dad
Old 03-27-2007, 01:35 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

I think three is a good number. One to operate the cherry picker, one on either side of the engine bay making sure everything is looking good from their end.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LTnone

I think three is a good number. One to operate the cherry picker, one on either side of the engine bay making sure everything is looking good from their end.
so its really not that bad to line the engine bak up???

what things do you have to make sure line up... things u need to watch for???
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

just wondering... when i have the engine out is it worth tearing the bottom end apart or is that a big waste of time??? keep in mind i have never done it b4 and i dont think i have ne problems with the bottom end.... so im basically wondering if its a good idea to take it all part when doing the upper half as well or is it something that doesnt need to be done unless u have a problem on the bottom end??
Old 03-27-2007, 09:17 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

it would be VERY worth it to install a new rear main seal and oil pan gasket - since they cost almost nothing but labor to fix a leak later is a PAIN IN THE ***.

other than that i would leave the bottom end alone unless you plan on getting machine work done.

lining the engine up can go real easy, or it can be a bitch - just depends on how the car gods are feeling that day, but its less time dealing with hooking/unhooking the trans and spilling trans fluid everywhere when you pull the driveshaft out [8D]
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

it would be VERY worth it to install a new rear main seal and oil pan gasket - since they cost almost nothing but labor to fix a leak later is a PAIN IN THE ***.

other than that i would leave the bottom end alone unless you plan on getting machine work done.

lining the engine up can go real easy, or it can be a bitch - just depends on how the car gods are feeling that day, but its less time dealing with hooking/unhooking the trans and spilling trans fluid everywhere when you pull the driveshaft out [8D]
yea thats what i was thinking... i just dont even wanna screw with the tranny... its not broken so dont fix it rite... i like hte sayin so im sticking with it this time... as for oil pan and rear main, i will replace both.... i bought a gasket get form summit.. .there nice felpro one... so it has both in it... so im goin to replace all the gaskets that are easy to replace... besides i ahve to take the oil pan off hte get hte lift out cuz im a dumb **** in a hurry and **** up and let one fall... lol yea i kno... but im goin to paint it black the paint hte heads red and the water pump red too... then i ahve chrome valve covers and i want to polish the stock cobra intake (in advice on that would be great) and get nice aluminum polish asseccory brakets... for 2 reason one the stock brakets on the sn-95s weight a lot so i could lose 15 lbs mayb... and it will look a lot better i think... i was thing about gettin some march brackets but i can find one for the a/c... can i use the ne advice on these either??

sry if this doesnt make ne since im at work so im not full paying attetion.. im a life gaurd so i have ot save ppls lives lol
Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

where the hell are you guarding the water at this time of night?

IMO paint your motor one color dude
Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

where the hell are you guarding the water at this time of night?

IMO paint your motor one color dude
haha im a life guard at a private gym.... its indoor pool... its a worthless job but pays really good for a college student.... i make 20 bucks an hour for swimming lesson and 7.50 for an hour of life guarding...

about the two colored motor... u dont think a black block would look good with red on it?? i mean i have a red car... and i and kinda doing a black and red think... probaly get fr-500s in black even... or do u think 2 colors would just look tacky?? id neone has ne pictures that would be great... i mean i dont like tacky... but i like something different... it was my fathers idea so i been kinda playing with the idea... i mean the color scheme is chrome/polish red and black... so i thot i would match the exterior of the car nicely... who knows tho
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

also do ne1 know were i can get a walk though on like or a book to guide me throw and engine pull... my dad wants me to read up on it b4 i start it