5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

are 10's possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Default RE: are 10's possible?

Do you need a 347 kit? I'm leaving tonight from Oklahoma City going to attend the Camshaft Innovations Seminar in Chelsea, Michigan tomorrow night and Saturday. I'm stopping in Indiana along the way to drop a kit off. So I make house calls.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Are you going to be running pump gas? Might get a little hard with a 347 that will spin 8k rpm. Not saying its not possible theres going to have to be a really mild tune to keep it from detonating. If your going with race gas why not pop some 13:1 pistons in. Also with those rpm you could use more gear, 4:30 or 4:56s. The new parker intakes are also supposed to out flow the victor jr.

For the suspension I would look into some adjustable shocks and springs. While 50/50's and 90/10's are the "standard" you car might need to be a little stiff or loose. Adjustables will also allow you to adjust one side stiffer then the other based on weight transfer. With the k member I would look into upr because it will save you a couple more pounds off the front end and only cost about $30 more shipped. I'd take the car to a chassis shop and have them redo the torque boxes, install through the floor subframes and install a cage.
zach can u post a link for a 302? i only found it for 351c

Old 03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308
zach can u post a link for a 302? i only found it for 351c
They make them. Jay has one he's about to use in a build and I sell the Pro Comp version of the Parker funnel web.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
stocksuspension
2nd Gear Member

ditch the tk0 and go with a powerglide on a brake, ditch the carb and go with a 750 annular boosters with no power valve and enriched both primaries and secondaries, go 4.56 on a 28inch tall tire
Old 03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

The man spoke..............

LISTEN
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

What trans are you using? Are you going auto or 5spd?
TKO600

and yes it will be pump gas friendly and no power adder all n/a. i was told my set up should be around 420-450 to the wheels.

also samseed there are several cars n/a in the 10 explore outside of mustang forums its a big internet.
also when i say 10's i would be happy with a 10.9

zach i think i will check into that adjustable part. i have also been looking into the cage situation also. i was looking at the MM 6pt cage with the swing out doors. also with the subframe i was also looking at wolfecraft racing through the floor subframe sicne everything would have to come out of the car for the age anyways.

also i think tens are very feasible with a car that should way around 2700lbs and around 420-450rwhp
i think thats very feasible as well... as long and u have the suspension... yea u can do it.... suspension wont be cheap tho... MM kit would help... the 4 grand kit should have every thing u need im a smart *** i know.. it realyl does tho... if cost is an issue look for something else haha
Old 03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

TKO600

and yes it will be pump gas friendly and no power adder all n/a. i was told my set up should be around 420-450 to the wheels.

also samseed there are several cars n/a in the 10 explore outside of mustang forums its a big internet.

zach i think i will check into that adjustable part. i have also been looking into the cage situation also. i was looking at the MM 6pt cage with the swing out doors. also with the subframe i was also looking at wolfecraft racing through the floor subframe sicne everything would have to come out of the car for the age anyways.

also i think tens are very feasible with a car that should way around 2700lbs and around 420-450rwhp
i think thats very feasible as well... as long and u have the suspension... yea u can do it.... suspension wont be cheap tho... MM kit would help... the 4 grand kit should have every thing u need im a smart *** i know.. it realyl does tho... if cost is an issue look for something else haha
screw MM stuff
Old 03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Do you need a 347 kit? I'm leaving tonight from Oklahoma City going to attend the Camshaft Innovations Seminar in Chelsea, Michigan tomorrow night and Saturday. I'm stopping in Indiana along the way to drop a kit off. So I make house calls.
can't trying to save for our deal on some heads
Old 03-29-2007, 03:47 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stocksuspension

ditch the tk0 and go with a powerglide on a brake, ditch the carb and go with a 750 annular boosters with no power valve and enriched both primaries and secondaries, go 4.56 on a 28inch tall tire
i still want it to have the fun factor which is why i chose the 5spd. inform me on this 750 annular boosters with no power valve and enriched both primaries and secondaries......i am trying to learn about carbs
Old 03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

TKO600

screw MM stuff
yea its so expensive... im think about the 2500 kit cuz i dunno what else to get.... i would like to get something cheaper but i dont wanna sacrfice performance