5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

TF NITRIOUS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: TF NITRIOUS

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: samseed101

I can see him having fuel pressure problems if he's running the stock PSO pump. But a 225lph pump is fairly decent for the setup he has.I imagine he should have little to no trouble keepnig that pressure up all day long.

Which reminds me. I think I want a fuel pressure gauge mounted somewhere on my A-pillar, maybe under my boost gauge. I just need to find a fitting that will allow me to attach and run it. I can't use the Schrader valve because that's been swapped out with a fitting for the wet kit. That kinda makes it hard to find a decent sending unit.
get an electronic gauge if anything... you do NOT want a fuel line running into the car. I leave my gauge on the rail and watch my wideband!
Oh, i definitely don't plan on running the fuel line itself into the car. I'd get something with an electronic sending unit. I just need to find a way to attach the sending unit. And since the schrader valve has been replaced with a nitrous fitting, it makes it hard.

I haven't installed my own widebands yet. When i go to the friends garage I hook upa set when I use the dyno. But that's the only time they're ever on.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

The only problem that can be had from doing a fuel feed for the nitrous system from the rail is... When the solenoid opens, the pressure will drop in the rail. If your fuel pump is not up to snuff, you can infact run lean because your pressure is too low for your injectors to supply sufficient volume.

Fullauto. I know you know your **** about nitrous.... but not all kits have a seperate fuel feed. My ZEX 82023 for instance uses a fitting from the schrader valve to supply fuel.
If your fuel system is adequate enough to support the volume of fuel required, this is a non issue. We're talking about a car that currently runs off a stock MAF and injectors. No one in the history of nitrous has ever drained a rail with a 150 shot with this mild of a combo even with a stock fuel pump. With a 5-6psi supercharger and an FMU, then yes, I'd definately upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump. But the stock lines andrails will both be fine and the injectors and MAF have no bearing on the subject. I've personally ran 175hp shot and been into the 11s on a stock 88lph fuel pump. Do I recommend it? No. I do lots of things I don't recommend.

Our cars have a return fuel system. The fuel pump always supplies too much fuel to the rails and the regulator chokes off fuel and controls how much pressure is behind it in the system. Whether the fuel is returned via thereturn line, sent out the schrader valve to the kit or dumped onto the ground, it doesn't care. As long asthe fuel pump is adequate, there is no pressure drop in the rails when an additional volume is asked for. And anything with an aftermarket rail will be different as well.

So when someone comes on here and says it's not safe to run a 150 shot especially when you have stock fuel rails and then continues to say it will draw too much fuel away AND it can be corrected by adding 24lb injectors and matching MAF, which part of this makes anyone think this guy has a clue what he's talking about?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redmustang83596

OK retard. Let me ask you a question. Where does the fuel in a wet kit come from? the fuel rail you moron. Once you start spraying enough nitrous/fuel in a wet kit itll draw a lot of that fuel away from the rail. *NEWSFLASH* you dont know everything.. and to think you sell the stuff? damn you should know a little bit more
I hate to rain on your parade, but considering the fact that FullAuto is an authorized Nitrous Express dealer. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he might know a thing or two about the product that he sells.

I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about. You also agreed when someone said that with 24# injectors, he would need to get a MAF calibrated for 24# injectors as well. Did you not know that you can rather easily take care of that problem through a tune?

BTW, how exactly would bigger injectors help? I must admit I'm extremely curious. Are you also saying that if he pulls fuel from the rail and instead of injecting it via the injectors, he injects the fuel through the solenoid and into teh intake, that will somehow make him run extremely lean? Is there some reason the fuel that is sprayed through the wet kit can't be burned?
The only problem that can be had from doing a fuel feed for the nitrous system from the rail is... When the solenoid opens, the pressure will drop in the rail. If your fuel pump is not up to snuff, you can infact run lean because your pressure is too low for your injectors to supply sufficient volume.

Fullauto. I know you know your **** about nitrous.... but not all kits have a seperate fuel feed. My ZEX 82023 for instance uses a fitting from the schrader valve to supply fuel.

Saying that someone should get bigger injectors for running a wet kit is downright dumb.. a dry kit, yes, wet no. A dry nitrous kit will boost the fuel pressure to supply the sufficient amount of fuel into the intake stream for the nitrous. If your already running an H/C/I combo and still running 19# injectors.... running a dry kit would more than likely max out your injectors, could cause them to fail.. but could more than likely cause you to go lean because they can not supply the volume needed.

Get 24# injectors because that is what your motor SHOULD have... and use a wet kit so you dont have to rely on your computer to supply extra fuel. A 255lph pump would be safer than a 225lph as well.
That was the point I was trying to make. A wet kit injects fuel along with nitrous, but its only good for so much. ESPECIALLY if hes running 19# injectors. His injectors are probably close to being maxed out as it is, and with the added power from the nitrous, hes going to to go over the limit for those injectors. I didnt mean for it to sound like if you get a wet kit, then upgrade your injectors, I was saying that with those stock injectors with that engine combo and THEN adding nitrous is not going to be good.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:15 PM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

OK retard. Let me ask you a question. Where does the fuel in a wet kit come from? the fuel rail you moron. Once you start spraying enough nitrous/fuel in a wet kit itll draw a lot of that fuel away from the rail. *NEWSFLASH* you dont know everything.. and to think you sell the stuff? damn you should know a little bit more
I hate to rain on your parade, but considering the fact that FullAuto is an authorized Nitrous Express dealer. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he might know a thing or two about the product that he sells.

I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about. You also agreed when someone said that with 24# injectors, he would need to get a MAF calibrated for 24# injectors as well. Did you not know that you can rather easily take care of that problem through a tune?

BTW, how exactly would bigger injectors help? I must admit I'm extremely curious. Are you also saying that if he pulls fuel from the rail and instead of injecting it via the injectors, he injects the fuel through the solenoid and into teh intake, that will somehow make him run extremely lean? Is there some reason the fuel that is sprayed through the wet kit can't be burned?

Saying that someone should get bigger injectors for running a wet kit is downright dumb.. a dry kit, yes, wet no. A dry nitrous kit will boost the fuel pressure to supply the sufficient amount of fuel into the intake stream for the nitrous. If your already running an H/C/I combo and still running 19# injectors.... running a dry kit would more than likely max out your injectors, could cause them to fail.. but could more than likely cause you to go lean because they can not supply the volume needed.

Get 24# injectors because that is what your motor SHOULD have... and use a wet kit so you dont have to rely on your computer to supply extra fuel. A 255lph pump would be safer than a 225lph as well.
That was the point I was trying to make. A wet kit injects fuel along with nitrous, but its only good for so much. ESPECIALLY if hes running 19# injectors. His injectors are probably close to being maxed out as it is, and with the added power from the nitrous, hes going to to go over the limit for those injectors. I didnt mean for it to sound like if you get a wet kit, then upgrade your injectors, I was saying that with those stock injectors with that engine combo and THEN adding nitrous is not going to be good.
BUT WAIT..I run a dry Zex kit...FP is increased when the shot is initiated....hmmmm crazy aint it. 150 is a big shot on a stock pump, if you can supply the fuel get the timing right get a colder plug then yes as I'm sure full auto will tell you can run the 150 pill. Would I do it without knowing my correct A/F situation.. me..no not a chance.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
rsw007
4th Gear Member

i always spray new kits for the first time on the dyno, so i can see the a/f ratio. im spraying a 125 wet shot with 19# injectors and only have a 155lph pump
Old 04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Again, what affect doesa wet kithave to do with injector size? If he's nearlymaxed out on his currently injectors, why would a wet kit put any additional demand on them? You might as well be saying if his car were blue, he'd be okay, but if it is a red car, he's in trouble. The exterior paint color has an equal role in injector size as the wet kit.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

A wet kit injects fuel along with nitrous, but its only good for so much.
I've got to ask... how much?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 PM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Again, what affect doesa wet kithave to do with injector size? If he's nearlymaxed out on his currently injectors, why would a wet kit put any additional demand on them? You might as well be saying if his car were blue, he'd be okay, but if it is a red car, he's in trouble. The exterior paint color has an equal role in injector size as the wet kit.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
By your logic, I could use my stock injectors and go out and spray a 300 shot wet kit and Ill be fine cuz its a wet kit. Is that what your saying?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

By your logic, I could use my stock injectors and go out and spray a 300 shot wet kit and Ill be fine cuz its a wet kit. Is that what your saying?
More than likely, your block will split as you've probably exceeded the capabilities of the block. But with a good tune and a good fuel pump, yes you can spray 300hp on stock injectors. The kit supplies it's own fuel. The injectors spray the same amount as if they were running N/A.

I've sprayed 250hp through a Shark nozzle on a E7 headed stock shortblock AOD car. I had a 255lph pump, stock fuel lines and rails. I had a Kirban afpr and 24lb injectors. I have the injectors because the heads were ported, I had an intake and a small cam. The car made 262rwhp 328rwhp N/A. 19s would have worked, but I had the 24s and MAF sitting on the shelf. The same exact combo made 428rwhp 567rwtq on a Dynojet with just a 175 shot in it. It was probably around 500rwhp and well over 650rwtq on the 250 shot.... all on a 24lb injector. At the time, it had 148k on the shortblock. It is still running in a friends car today at over 180k and it's sprayed regularly.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

And by a "good tune", I mean if you're using something like an SHO nozzle you better know what you're doing. With a plate kit, pop in a cold plug, retard the timing and spray it down. That's easy. I generally run only nozzles because people don't expect them to be used at the levels I use them on the street.

Quick Reply: TF NITRIOUS