5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

JunkYard Aluminum raditors. Any good ones?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JunkYard Aluminum raditors. Any good ones?

ORIGINAL: 91lxstang

is there any car in the junkyard that is better than our stock ones? Would a caprice 4.6 motor with an automatic tranny be a easy replacement for my auto 5.0?
I think you mean Crown Vic.
The radiator might not be the same size or shape.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Ok you keep bragging about this 500 hp motor in every thread you start but you wanna use a j/y rad that plays a key role in your so called build. I think you need to revisit your ideas!![&:]
Old 04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

whoa .....
Old 04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

sry whoops i just was talkin to my dad about the caprice cop car cause hes a cop... he was tellin me he hates them and his favorite cop car was the 91 crown vic.... i got them mixed up
ORIGINAL: PJB

ORIGINAL: 91lxstang

is there any car in the junkyard that is better than our stock ones? Would a caprice 4.6 motor with an automatic tranny be a easy replacement for my auto 5.0?
I think you mean Crown Vic.
The radiator might not be the same size or shape.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

dont have to be so harsh.. i was like just wondering? and i havnt bragged about my project.. I havnt even said that i would have 500 i was saying hopfully. I know it takes alot for 500hp.. But thought maybe this could help a few others out also that wanna upgrade a lil to a aluminum radiator.. sorry
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Not being harsh, just honest. See for yourself..........

ORIGINAL: AndySpeed

Ok i got money in my paypal to buy a intake. Ill spend up to 600bucks on one. used or new. What i need to know is what will suit me best for what i have. ok i got a D-1Procharger going to push like 10-12pounds i have track heat heads all msd ignition stuff. B-31 blower cam canton 7qt oil pan its pretty well built for 5-600hp with about 12-14pounds of boost. buti havnt bought a maf or t/b i do have 42lb injectors. also have 255 fuel pumps. but what maf and t/b and intake should i buy to make me the most and best hp? i was thinking about buyn the box r intake.. not sure though

im looking to get 500hp.. and hopfully run low 11's possibley high 10's with a really good suspension and hooking up..

really nice.. cuz i mean a aluminum radiator is a aluminum radiator to me.. and if its made by ford im sure its good. Just wondering if it will hold up to about 500hp.. but i wont be driven like im nuts all the time just here n there lol cuz id rather pay like 40-80bucks for that then a 400doller one just cuz it has a fansey name on it that you cant see anyway.
Started 3 threads, same basic statements in all 3!! I call it like I see it. To me, that's bragging. Any other questions
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I personally would not use a j/y radiator, water pump or several other components on a build that will more than likely cost a good bit of money to begin with, some things should just be purchased as new. jmo
Old 04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

ok. well if thats bragging having procharger on ur name is bragging that u have a procharger?.. i dont see why ur the only one that has to be like this to everyone that you think is under u. Why dont u try helping others instead of looking for every little detail to yeal at someone about.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

ok. well if thats bragging having procharger on ur name is bragging that u have a procharger?.. i dont see why ur the only one that has to be like this to everyone that you think is under u. Why dont u try helping others instead of looking for every little detail to yeal at someone about.
Don't get too out of control with a mod, the outcome could be bad for you. Just chill while your ahead bro.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:47 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Yeal? WTF is yeal???[&:] Sorry I hurt your wittle e feewings. As for helping ppl on this forum, I don't think you wanna even try and go there. It's a bitch getting called out and proven wrong. Somethin to think about for next time.

Quick Reply: JunkYard Aluminum raditors. Any good ones?