5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Any Cheap Noticable Performance Mod?

Old 11-24-2004, 06:45 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Any Cheap Noticable Performance Mod?

you can get a set of gears for 150, but then its ognna cost a couple hundred to have em put it, you have to be an expert
Old 11-25-2004, 02:22 PM
sykopafikjuggla
1st Gear Member

happy thanksgivin everyone... thanks for the replies. does anyone think that a march ram air and pulley kit would be a good choice?
Old 11-25-2004, 03:49 PM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

yea pully kit would be good.... and you dont gotta be an expert to put gears in... just gotta have the know how and understand tools and bolts... and have tools
Old 11-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

if i were you my first mod would definately be full length headers. you can get a set from summit for $232, BBK chrome long tubes. it wasnt so bad to install, now that i did it i can say i know exactly what to do,

check out my website www.geocities.com/sheila91lx and youll see all he mods I did, go to the headers section and if you have any questions about anything just send me a PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:23 PM
MurPHy

Stock car you say? You could pull the air silencer off for 10 minutes of wrenching time, and 0 dollars. You'll get about 5 hp, and some torque. Powerwise, you won't notice it, but you will hear the air rushing into the engine. TEH COOL!

Go here for my article on it.

http://www.badassmustangs.com/forums...pic,292.0.html
Old 11-25-2004, 04:25 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

get an intake off of ebay for 50$ an pulluy kit from ebay for 80$ and buy a smog pump delete kit for 50$ or reroute the belt past the smog pump and i guarantee you will feel that power just bypassing the smog pump is around 8 h.p.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:28 PM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

Yea def get some gears or maybe some mufflers, and an off road H pipe
Old 11-25-2004, 09:58 PM
zennx
1st Gear Member

I just got my '94 about 3 or 4 months ago now and been going through the modding process. A CAI is going to give you hardly any noticeable difference at all. I don't think pullies will give you a whole heck of a lot either. Gears are going to cost you near $200 alone let alone getting someone to install them for about another $200. The best thing I did for my mustang was the Mac Prochamber midpipe.

Total Performance on ebay sells prochambers for your year car for $209 FREE SHIPPING!!! so it is the exact price you'll be looking for.

I'm not sure if your familiar with what a prochamber is so i'll give you the run around. Most people go the H pipe route which is great, it gives you a nice throaty sound, it's a good all around pipe however it doesn't produce as much power as an X pipe would. The X pipe is a great pipe for power but with chambered style mufflers (like flowmaster or mac flowpaths) it will give you a lot of rasp with a 5.0). In a sense the prochamber is like a combination of the 2. It's sort of like an H but has a small square box in the middle to equal out exhaust flow. It sounds really amazing and is proven to make more power than both an H pipe and an X pipe.

Now to back up everything I said, I think the prochamber for me was one of the best power for the money products ever. And my car sounds amazing matched with a flowpath catback. Here is a clip of me driving down the road. It's hard to get one of it up high which sounds even better.

right click here and save as It's in quicktime format so make sure you have it handy!

Goodluck
Old 11-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

i said in your other post, dont bother getting the pulley kit with the ram air intake. just get the pulleys alone from summitracing.com made by autospecialties, those are 80 bux new and work great.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:18 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

don't recommend the ram air kit as it sits way to low to the ground and just sucks up all kinds of debris and water if the road is wet, go with the pulleys but no ram air. still say a chip is a big improvement for the $200 you say you have to spend too!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Cheap Noticable Performance Mod?