5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

gains from electric fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: gains from electric fans

Old *** caprice 89 300hp mechainical fan,storck tbi. I love this car but its sitting 1000 miles away in my grandmals back yard . wish i had the 500$ in gas it would take my f150 to pick her up lol. Im not trying to start a fight im just saying personaly its not worth my time.
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV01422.flv
Old 04-08-2007, 01:59 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

ORIGINAL: DIMMER

Lmao ok Cause they make cars like tin cans now and cant fit a mechanical under the hood. Hmm got lots of stuff to learn about build a motor. Vid is almost done. I just switched to fords i love my 86 fox for real buti know for a damn fact i dont have to switch to electric fans to gain a lil 5hp what a waste of time. I mean foreal what is 5hp gonna do for you. I can see in a honda since they are 90hp stock 5hp means alot but a well build V8 lol.

Edit: My 01 f150 5.4L pulls 300hp at the crank with a mechanical fan how that for ya. STOCK.. SO if i remove it and place a electric fan i can pull twice the load lol. What will i see with 5 hours labor and 5hp realy???

u can get a junkyard fan for 20$ from a taurus/lincoln mark8 and make 10-15 more hp its what hot rodding is all about
thank you...you said it before i did lol it doesnt matter if its a big gain or a little gain all those little gains add up. just like a lot of little bottles add up to a big bottle lol you can still get drunk
Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Well see now you have a reason to. But just to do it for 5-10hp dont seem worth my time i know alot of us here are on budgets. I know i am. And i would rather save up for a new rotating setup, heads, carb, intake,cam, things that means the most.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:03 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Ok you got me. Alot of lil bottle do add up to get drunk lol. Same as one big bottle. IM sorry all i love this site i was giveing my opinion. I knew it would start a fight but didnt mean it intentaly. ( tonight big bottle lol Beam so spelling is off) My point being i personly wouldnt waste the time unless i had other mods to do also. thats about it Hope were all still coool !! ...
Old 04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Well see now you have a reason to. But just to do it for 5-10hp dont seem worth my time i know alot of us here are on budgets. I know i am. And i would rather save up for a new rotating setup, heads, carb, intake,cam, things that means the most.
thing is you can get a fan out of a taurus 3.8 for 25 bucks it pulls upwards of 5000cfm take 5 minutes to fit up and another like 10 bucks for the wires and a switch

i mean look how much nicer that looks than the stock fan
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I can't untill I get to do an hci, my plan is that if anything breaks, I will upgrade, and when it is time for my major mods, my supporting mods should be complete, I will actually save money by buying a junk yard electric fan, opposed to buying a new clutch fan
15austin
3rd Gear Member

I paid $219 for roller rockers before, how much hp do you think they really give? Not much , but it is something that makes a motor complete. Like I said before, If I can spend a couple hundred to gain 5-10 hp hell yea. Let alone $25 junk yard part for the gain.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Ok you got me. Alot of lil bottle do add up to get drunk lol. Same as one big bottle. IM sorry all i love this site i was giveing my opinion. I knew it would start a fight but didnt mean it intentaly. ( tonight big bottle lol Beam so spelling is off) My point being i personly wouldnt waste the time unless i had other mods to do also. thats about it Hope were all still coool !! ...
It's all good, I just thought I would throw out my opinion as well. I agree, if my fan worked properly, I would not do it. I am not here to argue either, we are just one big happy mustang forum family. For the most part.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:11 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

It's all good, I just thought I would throw out my opinion as well. I agree, if my fan worked properly, I would not do it. I am not here to argue either, we are just one big happy mustang forum family. For the most part.
yeah i bought the fan and it was sitting in my basement for about 5 months before i put it on. only reason i did was because the stock fan clutch litteraly blew to peices, which destroyed my radiator and my water pump all at once
Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

Ok ima look like the dummy. Mines about shot (ABOUT not yet) ANd i will prolly replace with a electric but..... thats to fix a problem not for a hp gain only. I do wanna apoligize i did seem to come off strong didnt mean to i was just saying i would do that to just a upgrade unless i had other things to do and or my fan was going out. Like one here said were just a big family here. And i realy respect yall have helped me out alot and damnit wished i had my clutch. I would make some sice azz vids of my rusty old stang ripping the tires off the rims lol.

Quick Reply: gains from electric fans