5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

gains from electric fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:14 AM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gains from electric fans

speakin of exhaust, i just heard a srt 4 drive by and does anyone else think they sound like dump trucks?
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

ORIGINAL: DIMMER

Well if its cool i will jump on with yall about my truck. Its a 5.4l Cats gone ( $500 cause the shop didnt want to run a y pipe lol.) And running 2 1/2 straits out the ***. She is load ill grap a clip tomoro to late tonight. Sounds sick *** hell though.

Edit: can hear it blocks away lol. If only my stang sounded that good. ( she runs stock headers and stock h-pipe thats it everything else it rotted off lol. Next thing is exhaust im do apace setter o/r h-pipe with dumps . I love the sound of strait pipes lol.
Mines fairly loud also, pypes x pipe, flow 40 series, 2.5 all the way back with 3 inch tips, evryone I know says it sounds awesome, btw, I will never have dumps again personally, fumes burned my eyes and I could not sneak in, it was way too loud for my taste.
Guess you got a point but how bout dumping by the axel ? I personly dont mind the fumes ima redneck at heart lol. But dumping out back there should have to bad of a fume problem. Well what about like my vid of my caprice strait pipeing it out the *** but a 45 right behind the rear tires? Is there anough room of these foxes to do that ? I would love to put some 4in tips comeing out after the rears on a 45.
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Now I just need my bbk headers to find out what the completed exhaust system will sound like.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 AM
jerrylee01
2nd Gear Member

ok guys i have quick question how does eltric fan give more power and which one is safer i have good fan on car but damn i also have some eltric fans in garage and if can make more power with those i dont give **** what it is to make the power ill use it lol
Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 AM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

it will make more power because its not run by you motor.... its run off electric
Old 04-08-2007, 03:18 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

Well if its cool i will jump on with yall about my truck. Its a 5.4l Cats gone ( $500 cause the shop didnt want to run a y pipe lol.) And running 2 1/2 straits out the ***. She is load ill grap a clip tomoro to late tonight. Sounds sick *** hell though.

Edit: can hear it blocks away lol. If only my stang sounded that good. ( she runs stock headers and stock h-pipe thats it everything else it rotted off lol. Next thing is exhaust im do apace setter o/r h-pipe with dumps . I love the sound of strait pipes lol.
Mines fairly loud also, pypes x pipe, flow 40 series, 2.5 all the way back with 3 inch tips, evryone I know says it sounds awesome, btw, I will never have dumps again personally, fumes burned my eyes and I could not sneak in, it was way too loud for my taste.
Guess you got a point but how bout dumping by the axel ? I personly dont mind the fumes ima redneck at heart lol. But dumping out back there should have to bad of a fume problem. Well what about like my vid of my caprice strait pipeing it out the *** but a 45 right behind the rear tires? Is there anough room of these foxes to do that ? I would love to put some 4in tips comeing out after the rears on a 45.
That should work, after the axles, better out the rear, jmo. My dumps were right underneath my ****, and I also did not have it dumped to the ground, it came straight out the mufflers, it was that way when I bought it. If I got on it my eyes would just water real bad and you could tatse the raw fuel in your mouth.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:22 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerrylee01

ok guys i have quick question how does eltric fan give more power and which one is safer i have good fan on car but damn i also have some eltric fans in garage and if can make more power with those i dont give **** what it is to make the power ill use it lol
taurus fan is the best one i think. and the stock fan puts a lot of stress on the motor to crank over. think about it the force of the air is made by the resistance for the fins take those fins away no resistance more power to the engine
Old 04-08-2007, 03:24 AM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

lol i luv you sig pic, vin's car gets shot and he acts like sum1 hit the jet boosters in his honda
ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

taurus fan is the best one i think. and the stock fan puts a lot of stress on the motor to crank over. think about it the force of the air is made by the resistance for the fins take those fins away no resistance more power to the engine
Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 AM
jerrylee01
2nd Gear Member

hmmmmm ok ya see what ur saying now how much more hp will electric fan give im sure wont be much but every little bit counts
Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 AM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

haha yeah thats a great one i love that little vid thing what every you want to call it
ORIGINAL: 91lxstang

lol i luv you sig pic, vin's car gets shot and he acts like sum1 hit the jet boosters in his honda
ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

Quick Reply: gains from electric fans