5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Lost a frakin' wheel

Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 AM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Lost a frakin' wheel

damn that was a little extreme, i mean its understandable telling him to stop next time but to pretty much tell him not to have kids damn id say a**hole
Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang86

damn that was a little extreme, i mean its understandable telling him to stop next time but to pretty much tell him not to have kids damn id say a**hole
I was in Connecticut on business, I-84 near Danbury and a car I was following lost a wheel and it crossed the median, took a bounce and landed in the windshield of a car going the other direction. I stopped to see if eveyone was OK and the lady in the car that got hit by the tire was really lucky... it went in on the passenger side and was sitting on the seat!!! Two feet to the right and she'd been DEAD.She also told me that she had just dropped her 12 year old daughter off at school about 20 minutes ago.If someone wants to be stupid and kill themself, go for it, but if your car is vibrating and you don't pull off to check and a wheel comes off... well let's just say ... that wheel is going to land SOMEWHERE.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

that happened to me once in my 65 ford falcon... i was going only 40 and the wheel stayed inside the fender. there was a flat side on my drum tho
Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Blck92GT
2nd Gear Member

Pretty much why I would NEVER use wheel spacers. This is probably the 10th thread I have read about in the last 6 months on vatiour boards. Definitely not cool, but at least you're ok man!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Man thats some bad luck......I would have stopped and L@@K to see if I could see what the problem was with a vibration like that.............Sorry!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
rocketrotary
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: capri debris

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

usually, when you car starts vibrating uncontrollably, you pull over....
I agree with this guy... how brain dead are you that you didn't pull off and check out what was going on? More than likely, you had a lug wrench and could've simply tightened the nuts and saved the money for the tow and repairs. I can't believe the fender didn't get bent up or that you didn't get killed. Make sure you pass on yourDNA so me or someone I care about gets hurt or killed by your offsprings future actions. [sm=loser.gif]
First off, you newb a$$hole, You should have properly read my post all the way through... THE LUGS WERE TIGHT! The vibration was coming from a bad U-Joint! Second off, I had a family emergency, and I didn't have time to stop again. And finally... Leave my kids out of this. And who the hell are you to judge me? People like you sleep safely in your beds at night because people like me stand ready to do violence on your behalf! You have a big mouth when you're sitting safely behind your computer screen.

Vic
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

^ Here Here
Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

usually, when you car starts vibrating uncontrollably, you pull over....
I agree with this guy... how brain dead are you that you didn't pull off and check out what was going on? More than likely, you had a lug wrench and could've simply tightened the nuts and saved the money for the tow and repairs. I can't believe the fender didn't get bent up or that you didn't get killed. Make sure you pass on yourDNA so me or someone I care about gets hurt or killed by your offsprings future actions. [sm=loser.gif]
First off, you newb a$$hole, You should have properly read my post all the way through... THE LUGS WERE TIGHT! The vibration was coming from a bad U-Joint! Second off, I had a family emergency, and I didn't have time to stop again. And finally... Leave my kids out of this. And who the hell are you to judge me? People like you sleep safely in your beds at night because people like me stand ready to do violence on your behalf! You have a big mouth when you're sitting safely behind your computer screen.

Vic
I don't kow where to begin with you.....
1. Read the second post on this page.
2. I'm new on this forum, but have been on others longer than you have been on this one.
3. YOU are the noob in the game of life! You're 26 and I'm over 40. I was already driving when you were born and I thought I knew it all when I was your age too.
4. I too have "protected" my country, so your parents could sleep safely in their bed and concieve you. So put that military card back in your pocket Forrest Gump.
5. I have wheel spacers on the black Capri (picture below) and put longer studs on it to keep it safe... did you? Oh, you said it was because of a bad U-joint. Ha,ha. I find it hard to believe that a u-joint can vibrate bad enough to break all your wheel studs off... then why didn't the other side break too?
6. If it was vibrating that bad, why didn't you stop? Oh, thats right... you had a family emergency. How did you deal with that standing along side of the road looking at your car with a wheel missing? Probably held you up a little didn't it?
7. Where did the wheel that flew off land anyway? Did it hit a parked car... someones house... a tree?
8. If this hadn't happened to you, but you were out driving and came up on car sitting along the road missing a wheel... and sawa guy walking back to the car carrying the wheel with an "I'm a DOOFUS" look on his face, you'd be on this forum starting a thread about some a$$hole that you saw who lost a wheel!
9. I'll judge anyone I want... especially someone like you who does something that retarded and then comes on here and tells the whole world about it. Should've just kept it to yourself.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

who cares at this point.

hes ok, the witnesses are ok and the car is ok.

move onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

I don't kow where to begin with you.....
1. Read the second post on this page.
2. I'm new on this forum, but have been on others longer than you have been on this one.
3. YOU are the noob in the game of life! You're 26 and I'm over 40. I was already driving when you were born and I thought I knew it all when I was your age too.
4. I too have "protected" my country, so your parents could sleep safely in their bed and concieve you. So put that military card back in your pocket Forrest Gump.
5. I have wheel spacers on the black Capri (picture below) and put longer studs on it to keep it safe... did you? Oh, you said it was because of a bad U-joint. Ha,ha. I find it hard to believe that a u-joint can vibrate bad enough to break all your wheel studs off... then why didn't the other side break too?
6. If it was vibrating that bad, why didn't you stop? Oh, thats right... you had a family emergency. How did you deal with that standing along side of the road looking at your car with a wheel missing? Probably held you up a little didn't it?
7. Where did the wheel that flew off land anyway? Did it hit a parked car... someones house... a tree?
8. If this hadn't happened to you, but you were out driving and came up on car sitting along the road missing a wheel... and sawa guy walking back to the car carrying the wheel with an "I'm a DOOFUS" look on his face, you'd be on this forum starting a thread about some a$$hole that you saw who lost a wheel!
9. I'll judge anyone I want... especially someone like you who does something that retarded and then comes on here and tells the whole world about it. Should've just kept it to yourself.
And you're acting like you're 12. I'm half your age, so go ahead. But you should be old enough to realize that sometimes people have misconceptions or make mistakes. I don't see a tech certified rating under Vic's avatar, unfortunately not everyone can be a master mechanic. I really don't see why you're freaking out about this so bad. Thank God nothing bad happened and I'm sure he learned a lesson. But come on, look at his earlier post- he bought the car with the spacers on already. How many people every day post on this site "well I'm doing ____, *insert question*? and completely overlook 15 other things that they need to do ___ correctly. This is because not everyone can know that you need bigger injectors for an h/c/i, or longer studs for back spacers. That's the point of this forum, and true to form he's getting help from people who have been there and know what went wrong. Well, everyone but you, who apparently only want to tell him what an idiot he is for an honest mistake. Leave that job for a DI. But this is not boot camp, and maybe we should try helping people instead, Sir.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lost a frakin' wheel