5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:58 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar

ok its pretty simple... i just wanted to start up a descusion... since i saw Redline last nite i got to thinking what would u have to do yo a mustang to make it hang with the greats.... the evo, the lambos, carrera gt, CCX, bugati....

i was kinda thinking at work... had nothing to do as was bored... u would need a high reving engine... i would think appsolute minimun would be 7000 grand... higher the better tho... you would probably want a 6speed... diffenetly need some body work to get some downforce on the car

what do u all think... ever thot about hte idea... what do u all think... ne ideas... no limits at all... well the supercars dont ahve limits so we are goin to play on there field
Old 04-14-2007, 10:01 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar

I would say closer to 15 to 20 k to make a car with enough hp, not to mention upgrading the suspension, brakes and everything else, but you would still be way below the cost of a supercar.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:04 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

wait do you mean 7k rpm's? cuz rps doesnt really have anything to do with how much power the car has. and there are so many variables to this question its unbelievable but i do see you curiousity
Old 04-14-2007, 10:20 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: greenstreak9205

wait do you mean 7k rpm's? cuz rps doesnt really have anything to do with how much power the car has. and there are so many variables to this question its unbelievable but i do see you curiousity

rpms has to do with top speed... thats why supercars are so super... tehy go 250... so eitehr u have to have really high gear(low number) which would kill you acceloration.... so if u can run higher rpms u can keep you lower gears... its the only way to get crazy acceloration and high top speed...

and as for the 20-25grand i would think i would cost a bit more than that... ull need a new block... dart block i would guess not much else can handle that hp.... and a nice turbo on a lower comprestion engine... with probably a 3 bar intercooler and chemically injection.... that owuld get you your hp numbers... thats 15grand rite there... if u can get something liek that to rev up to 7-9 grand.... then what a nice tranny for sure... all new drivetrain actually... suspension will have to be the best.... i think 25 grand might get u a nice 03-04 cobra as a starting car...

i wanna hear ideas... this is goin to be a project i have done the road... several years of course... im only 19... probably 10 years cuz it will be very costly... i thot this owudl be a good topic to talk about... throw ideas bak and forth
Old 04-14-2007, 10:28 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I have seen some built musangs beat vipers and other supercars, so I know it has been done, but I am not sure what was spent to make it happen.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:31 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Twin Turbo 351W = 700hp at the flywheel

$20,000 will get you there.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:31 PM
rocketrotary
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

ok its pretty simple... i just wanted to start up a descusion... since i saw Redline last nite i got to thinking what would u have to do yo a mustang to make it hang with the greats.... the evo, the lambos, carrera gt, CCX, bugati....
I'm sorry.. am I the only one that caught this? Just because the fast and the furious made everybody believe that the EVO is a supercar DOESN'T make it one!

Vic
Old 04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

"Whats the retail on that thing?"

"More than you can afford, Ferrari." verrumm veruummm
Old 04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I was thinking more about the viper, zo6 and other 500 and up supercars.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

You know, a more inexpensive way to keep up with these rich boy cars would be a nice spike strip. You drop that in front of their car just before the race and anything would be able to keep up with it.

Quick Reply: what would it take mustang to keep up with a supercar