5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I Got One At Last

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
transblower
1st Gear Member

Default I Got One At Last

After debating the situation, i decided to get an 89 GT...im in love with that thing now...i slept in it last night...my last one got taken cuz my pops caught me doin donuts in a parking lot but ill be on the streets with it relatively soon i hope..it has a ****ty battery so i gotta replace that, the battery cables are corroded and i get a fast clicking sound when im trying to start it while jumping it..Im guessing a starter and/or solonoid ill just get both. (65 bucks) easy install but i plan on regasketing the entire motor because it has sat for a year now...does anyone know a cheap place to get a pro5.0 shifter.. i cant stand the stock one. the cheapest i have found is 200 bucks..if you know of any other places that have it cheaper let me know...or even a diffterent shifter..let me know...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I Got One At Last

MGW short shifter FTW

I dont have one, but definatly will get an mgw when the time comes around ( aka i have extra money )
Alot of people here have em too, most love em.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:42 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
ooticamitica
4th Gear Member

lol, theyre great cars! edit... how the hell do you sleep in a fox!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:16 PM
luizGT91
2nd Gear Member

MGW mine works great i was gonna throw it out my window but my cable was the one causing the problems, new cable.... powershifting all the way not even a sound on the shifts
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM
bronco slim
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ooticamitica

I was gonna ask the same thing. Maybe he is a miget and can fit on the back seat
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

yea ima doubt u slept in it ryan, lol..

yea well replace the battery asap, that may make ur clicking go away, its possible that it, even jumped, wasnt enough power. so dont get the starter till after u get the battery. if that doesnt do it well do the starter/silonoid.

she needs some tlc... but well get that biotch runnin man...

i think i already told u all of that tho, lol

n again when we get it runnin we can check codes, fuel press(i got a guage today, lol) and vac.... just so we no where it is.

and yea man... well be doing gaskets soon. after we get it runnin were see how bad its leaking, but its easy we can do it in a day no question.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ooticamitica

I did it one night last summer. I just leaned the seat back and put a sunshade (one of those cardboard sunglasses pictures from the early '90's) on the windshield and went to sleep.
Im not a little guy either.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

and as for the shifter. i have the pro50 in mine, doug has the mgw... next time were all chillin, just check them both out, see how they both feel. its really a preferance thing.... however if i had to do it again id get an mgw... hey that means... if u want a pro50 ill sell u mine for cheap(its only a few months old, u got it like a month or two after the car)
Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

MGW short shifter FTW

I dont have one, but definatly will get an mgw when the time comes around ( aka i have extra money )
Alot of people here have em too, most love em.
+1 get a MGW all short shifters iwll cost u around 180-200 so its really not matter of price newayz... unless u get ebay crap... and a shift is one thing i wouldnt buy off ebay unless u dont you *** is safe.... im getting one after im goin with my h/c/i

also through up some pictures of the stang