MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   took her out for a test drive today. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/276712-took-her-out-for-a-test-drive-today.html)

tortugasmoker 04-18-2007 11:23 PM

took her out for a test drive today.

well i brought my car home yesterday and my electric fan took a crap on me but thats nothin. today i drove it around the block a little bit and smashed on it a few times. i have 1 tire fire not cool and hittin 3rd is really hard at high rpms(5200) im not really disappointed just blah. its not as fast as i thought it would be i guess i need to do a major tune up before i drive it anymore and then see what happens, it did sit for 2 years before i bought it.

tortugasmoker 04-18-2007 11:46 PM

RE: took her out for a test drive today.

well this is a dead topic, o well i was bored and wanted to share my experience with everybody

86_GT_Mustang 04-18-2007 11:51 PM

same here just took my car out for really the first time got on it.

Probley needs a tune up.

What all into doing a tune?

tortugasmoker 04-18-2007 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 92Mustanglx

same here just took my car out for really the first time got on it.

Probley needs a tune up.

What all into doing a tune?

im gonna do plugs wires MSD cap and rotor and a new fuel filter. ive got RPATF for the tranny but i havent put it in yet.

1985stang 04-19-2007 12:35 AM

Well, for a full tune up there are many things i'd do. New plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor, ignition coil, fuel filter and that car will be running like new (or at least a lot better than it used to). Plus, you get all of that for a little over 100 bucks.

tortugasmoker 04-19-2007 11:26 AM

i already have a crane fireball coil. how is the msd coil compared to the crane? i plan on puttin msd ignition components (cap, rotor, wires, and 6AL ignition) should i do the msd coil too?

frankbullitt 04-19-2007 01:30 PM

I had the crane in my old fox. I liked it better. it was luder than the msd i have now and i felt like it was doing more. my opinoin.

HACKGT350 04-19-2007 01:55 PM

pluges wires cap rotor coil fuel filter air filter i think thats about if for a tune up as for your electric fan make sure you ground is good, i thought mine was bad and found out the ground came lose

tortugasmoker 04-19-2007 11:15 PM

i put a new electric fan in today. plan on doin the tuneup soon. will the crane coil work with the msd 6AL igniton?

CantStopTheFox... 04-20-2007 12:03 AM

I used to get a tune-up kit from McCarvilee Ford in Centereach NY...For $80 they would give plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter...and PCV Valve.

Great Deal!