5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Forged Aluminum

Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
musclemustang94
3rd Gear Member

Default Forged Aluminum

How do forged aluminum pistons hold up compared to forged steel? Just as good? There is a scat stroker kit on summit for 729 dollars but it has forged aluminum pistons.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Forged Aluminum

There is no such thing as steel pistons
Old 04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: r.barn

pwned!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 PM
CCF5000
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

pwned!
http://www.all4engineers.com/index.p...alloc=33/id=86
I'm not even gonna say it adder i don't want to stoop to your ASE blue seal of excellence level.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: CCF5000

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

pwned!
http://www.all4engineers.com/index.p...alloc=33/id=86
I'm not even gonna say it adder i don't want to stoop to your ASE blue seal of excellence level.
yea... my link is missing
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

anyway... google wizard ccf5000.... your only mad because I made you look like an idiot.

Nobody makes forged steel pistons for our cars. they are way too heavy and not power efficient. Forged aluminum pistons are the way to go.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 PM
CCF5000
2nd Gear Member

Works for me. Since you can't see it i'll quote it.
"New Steel Piston for Heavy-Duty Engines"
" The Monotherm piston is made of a single forged piece, which means that, unlike the Ferrotherm piston, the piston skirt is formed as one part together with the pin bosses and piston crown. This results in significant advantages:
- Connecting the skirt to the pin bosses leads to a larger available bearing area to accept the highest peak cylinder pressures. The piston pin no longer needs to hold the piston skirt, so it can be shorter and lighter.
- Extremely compact dimensions are possible. For example, a compression height of only 50 % of the cylinder diameter can be achieved.
- The thermally stable steel skirt reduces friction; reduced fitting clearances lead to a better guidance of the piston.
- The guiding quality of the piston, especially in the ring area, results in better levels of oil consumption and blow-by. Furtheron the Monotherm piston includes high rigidity and long life."
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Works for me. Since you can't see it i'll quote it.
"New Steel Piston for Heavy-Duty Engines"
" The Monotherm piston is made of a single forged piece, which means that, unlike the Ferrotherm piston, the piston skirt is formed as one part together with the pin bosses and piston crown. This results in significant advantages:
- Connecting the skirt to the pin bosses leads to a larger available bearing area to accept the highest peak cylinder pressures. The piston pin no longer needs to hold the piston skirt, so it can be shorter and lighter.
- Extremely compact dimensions are possible. For example, a compression height of only 50 % of the cylinder diameter can be achieved.
- The thermally stable steel skirt reduces friction; reduced fitting clearances lead to a better guidance of the piston.
- The guiding quality of the piston, especially in the ring area, results in better levels of oil consumption and blow-by. Furtheron the Monotherm piston includes high rigidity and long life."

once again... not made for our cars... and still heavier than a forged aluminum pistons

retard
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 PM
CCF5000
2nd Gear Member

I think its funny that u made me look like an idiot. Just for the information i talked to a tuner and he said you don't have to have the calibration sheet for a maf to tune it like you said you do lol.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I think its funny that u made me look like an idiot. Just for the information i talked to a tuner and he said you don't have to have the calibration sheet for a maf to tune it like you said you do lol.
unlike yourself, I have spent countless hours in the inner working of the ford EEC system.. in order to PROPERLY and CORRECTLY tune a car, you should always adjust the MAF transfer function to match the new maf... dont believe me.. suck a fat one... your the dumbass PAYING for a tune

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forged Aluminum