5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Installing NEW MSD 6AL Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Installing NEW MSD 6AL

you msd fans are borderline stupid. you use it because thats what everyone tells you they have so it must be the best right? wrong.

i bought my 6al from my boss used to cheeeeeep before i knew better so i have one on my car and i can tell you if i have to buy another box later i will be buying a crane for two very good reasons.

1) the rev limiter design on the msd's suck ***. if you hit it, the motor pops and bounces off it like a madman trying to destroy your motor. the crane just smoooooooooooths out at where ever you have the redline set at.

2) the msd takes chips to change the redline rpm, need a different chip? time to fork over money. the crane has a simple dial on the side of the box. you just set it where you want and your done. no need to carry around different chips or to have to spend extra to get the rpm limit you want.

and btw, the crane is priced about the same and the msd, and offers the same multiple spark features as the msd does. tell me again why it sucks?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM
ModularFox
Banned

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you msd fans are borderline stupid. you use it because thats what everyone tells you they have so it must be the best right? wrong.

i bought my 6al from my boss used to cheeeeeep before i knew better so i have one on my car and i can tell you if i have to buy another box later i will be buying a crane for two very good reasons.

1) the rev limiter design on the msd's suck ***. if you hit it, the motor pops and bounces off it like a madman trying to destroy your motor. the crane just smoooooooooooths out at where ever you have the redline set at.

2) the msd takes chips to change the redline rpm, need a different chip? time to fork over money. the crane has a simple dial on the side of the box. you just set it where you want and your done. no need to carry around different chips or to have to spend extra to get the rpm limit you want.

and btw, the crane is priced about the same and the msd, and offers the same multiple spark features as the msd does. tell me again why it sucks?
my ****s been going 9.20s ON STREET TIRES, FULL EXHAUST, and FULL INTERIOR for almost 8 years now with a full MSD ignition set up.but what do i know,im stupid.

Ill stick with my MSD.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Arrid Extra Dry
2nd Gear Member

i always mount my boxes on the inside of the car
if the long wire doesnt come with the box, you can get one
but thats just me, you can mount it anywhere you want.[sm=ts.gif]
Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 PM
preciousroy
2nd Gear Member

ive always used msd and never had a problem, theres a reason everyone and there mother uses it, because its built up a good name. anyway, hooking up an msd box is very easy, you have a pwr wire, a ground wire, and 4 other wires. all your doing with those is putting the box in line w/ your coil, as in, take offthe 2 wires that are going to the coil, run them into 2 of the wires from the box, and the other 2 go to the coil. once youstare at it long enough youll see that a child can do it. as for me, i mounted mine under the pass. seat, ive seen them all over under the hood, in the glove box, in the pass seat footwell by the console, you can mount it anywhere you want as long as you use the rubber mounts and keep it away from strong heat and water.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

I found and fabricated a mounting bracket out of Acrylic...Here are some current pictures for the future...Also, I am a bit confused because the coil has a black and a white, the MSD has a Black and ab orange, the other wires go were?

Electrical is not my thing...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Dude, just because your car is going 9.20s with the MSD box doesnt mean My77Stang didnt prove some good points. Comparing the two, i would definately go with Crane. Besides, my MSD blaster coil hums so loud i can hear it inside the car. It got so annoying i just put the stocker back in.

ORIGINAL: ModularFox

ORIGINAL: my77stang

my ****s been going 9.20s ON STREET TIRES, FULL EXHAUST, and FULL INTERIOR for almost 8 years now with a full MSD ignition set up.but what do i know,im stupid.

Ill stick with my MSD.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:50 AM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

anybody have any experience with Jacob's ignition?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:56 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

thank you CKY.

green i do not, sorry.

modular and preciousroy, yeah...... cause crane hasnt made good products since forever

you cant knock sometime you have no experience with. i HAVE an msd box, and personally say a car equiped with a 6AL swap over to a Hi-6 and i heard the difference first hand. i'll take a vrooooooooooooooooooooooom redline over a POP POP POP POP POP POP any day of the week
Old 04-28-2007, 12:56 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

If you have the adaptor, HERE is a tutorial.

With out the adaptor