5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Will it HOLD UP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Will it HOLD UP?

money would permit to a certain extent but i want to get the most of the car i can

which would make the most power?
Old 04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
bikeboyben14
1st Gear Member

i say go our gpa since he builds the race motor tell him what you want and bam your done and tell him to break in on the dyno put it in your car and give it all kinds of hel* and pay the bill afterwards.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

you cannot make a 2bolt a 4bolt. the stock block doesn't have enough material in the main webbing for it to actually benefit from adding more bolts to it. it will actually weaken the block.

If the man at Ford Motorports says you can do it, you can do it! I can send my block off to NC and have the man put me two more holes on each main and then line hone the block for around $350. The've been doing it for years. Besides its not often that you break a main anyway like i said previous. If you want some good heads other than AFR, look at RHS heads. They actually go up a little further in size to the AFR series.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ben i think i will but i gotta save the money first. my biggest concern is splitting the block when its done. i just plain and simply don't have the money for an aftermarket block.

i am with out a doubt sure i am going to have him do the machine work on it. you couldn't pay me to go to murder and electric again.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

jasper, the clevor will be tough no doubt. the cleve heads are lightyears ahead of windsor and noone can tell u different. now what they are saying is that for eas and expense windsor heads are a great bet. however, if u want the best sbf heads, cleve's ,especially chi, are the best there is. the intakes are also made by chi for clevors so u can basically get everything u need except pistons from chi. but that website i showed u, www.fordstrokers.comhas the bottom end for u. And since ur block will already be drilled for it u should not have a huge problem.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

and dont forget with those "spyder" intake elbows, you can even run EFI on the CHI intake if you wanted - but carb'd is best for high HP applications.

i wouldnt worry about the 4 bolt main, like it was said before its not the main cap that will break its the block AROUND the cap. so i can see why drilling holes for a 4 bolt cap would just further weaken it. that really DOES makes ALOT of sense.

see..... (and this was a C8 block, which is supposed to be alot stronger than the later ones)

Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Streetracer911
3rd Gear Member

Will it HOLD UP?
ask your girl that question [8D][8D]
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ih8chevy

jasper, the clevor will be tough no doubt. the cleve heads are lightyears ahead of windsor and noone can tell u different. now what they are saying is that for eas and expense windsor heads are a great bet. however, if u want the best sbf heads, cleve's ,especially chi, are the best there is. the intakes are also made by chi for clevors so u can basically get everything u need except pistons from chi. but that website i showed u, www.fordstrokers.comhas the bottom end for u. And since ur block will already be drilled for it u should not have a huge problem.
ih8chevy i think the boss block is going to fall through since i cant get ahold of him. i think i will just have to stick with the mexican filling it halfway, deburring it, and will probably girdle it just for the stability at the higher rpms. i am still going to try on the boss block though
Old 04-30-2007, 01:41 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Streetracer911

Will it HOLD UP?
ask your girl that question [8D][8D]
no problems there
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member