5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

wire questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default wire questions

ok i need help wiring my deck. i wanna know if i should run all new wires since i cant figure it out or maybe you can help. the person who orginally had the car cut off the wire harness from the amp to the speakers, so i wanna know how to hard wire the speakers to the deck. here is a pic of the deck wires front and back left and right
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...6/DSCN0067.jpg
this is a pic of wires where the wire harness was cut off from the stock amp.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...6/DSCN0065.jpg

my next ? is when i wire up my gauges can i wire my lights and power wire to the power wire to the deck withot sacrificing anything? also same with the ground wires for the gauges?
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...6/DSCN0066.jpg

all your help would be great appreciated!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: wire questions

anyone?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Hope this helps........

Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

the factory amp has to be bypassed for the speakers to work. i would run new wire from each speaker to the deck, then find the factory power wire and constant power then ground it. It's only 3 wires besides the speakers. You could always run the power right to your battery if you can;t figure it out
Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

does anyone have an answer to my second question? can i run my lights from my gauges to the power wire of the gauges also the ground wire? they are so close and it would be so convenient
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
gizim_1132
2nd Gear Member

about your gauge question more than likely it should be fine!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

I have a question to add without starting a new thread. On mine, I have it hooked up as red constant power from battery, yellow switched. My stereo works but it will not retain any memory. I tried switching that wire combo and it wouldn't even turn on, what's the problem? how can I get the memory to work?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

you red is the constant yellow is memory. so match up yellow to yellow and red to red and make sure you have a good ground. look at my last picture posted. those are your power and memory. to make it work all you need is red yellow and black hooked up the rest dont matter for working purposes. it will turn on with just those three. if it doesnt work if you flip them then something is not hooked up right, follow the wire back to the fuse
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Hawk
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastfast125

I have a question to add without starting a new thread. On mine, I have it hooked up as red constant power from battery, yellow switched. My stereo works but it will not retain any memory. I tried switching that wire combo and it wouldn't even turn on, what's the problem? how can I get the memory to work?
The yellow needs to be wired to the constant power source. The red wire on your deck should be wired to a power source that is switched with the ignition. So with that said, yours are wired backwards. If you switch the two wires, and the radio doesn't turn on when the car does turn on, then your red power lead isn't switching on with the ignition and you will need to get a test light out to do some tracing. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Blck92GT
2nd Gear Member

I just bought the two harnesses from Crutchfield when I bought my old Blaupunkt from them years ago...I have had a few decks since then but I kept the harnesses so I just connect them to the deck and amp wires and plug it in. Makes it much easier than rewiring the crap under there to bypass the amps.

Quick Reply: wire questions