5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

T-5 Swap, Ran into big trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 AM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: T-5 Swap, Ran into big trouble

still having trouble. well we took the tranny back out today, we made sure the bearing was good and on right. well we putit all back togather.. ok when we started it up with out the driveshaft in, It still made a hell of a noise like somthing in the clutch is knocking. With the driveshaft of we could shift it in gear and when u pushed in on the clutch the noise went away. Then we Put the driveshaft back on you couldnt put it in gear no more it would just grind like the clutch was engaged. Also the clutch fork moves side to side and up n down a good bit, the clutch is a ebay knock of cobra clutch the flywheel was bought of ebay it was turned and looked ok when he put it in he said We went to push start it in 1st gear and when we let out on the clutch the car keep rolling the clutch was like it was aready engaged and didnt affect nothing or the clutch never would engage.. and the clutch pedal is really really stiff. To me its binding up somwere...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 AM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

also adder i dont see how the clutch needing adjusted would take the knocking away from it.. and how can u adjust a non adjustable clutch qudrant?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:23 AM
apkStang

your clutch is rubbing on your bellhousing, Either you need a bellhousing out of a 94-95 cobra (mabie just a 5.0 I dunno) or a smaller flywheel try the 10 inch. https://mustangforums.com/m_2586237/tm.htm
Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure you have the clutch disk installedwith the proper side towards the flywheel? and the throw out is properly clipped into the fork. Just asking the obvious easy questions
Old 05-08-2007, 09:59 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

give us pictures, this is a simple install, ive done several
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 AM
ThrashN
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like the thowout bearing to me.
Also, did you put a pilot bearing in?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:36 PM
FASTERTHANBUNTA

I'm also really curious as to what the problem is. I'm finishing up my swap and I looked at the clutch fork, I can pop it off the pivot with little to no effort. (figures the only part I didn't do myself turns into a problem) I'm not trying to steal the thread but does that sound like the clip on the fork is bad?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
AndySpeed
3rd Gear Member

hey the fork in my buds tranny is the same way. the one were having trouble with. ill wait till he gets out of school and ask him how he installed everything. Im sure he just put somthing in backwards or somthin simple.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Force4
3rd Gear Member

what year is your fox, also if you dont have the alignment pics for the clutch and flywheel, the flywheel could be off centered and rubbing on the belhousing, i had that problem when i first swapped my motors.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
FASTERTHANBUNTA

I hope it's just as simple as the clip on the fork is bad or something because I've had the car jacked up in my apartment parking lot for like 2 weeks and the landlords of the complex aren't too happy with me. (for the record I've been doing more than just the trans swap, hence the 2 weeks)

Quick Reply: T-5 Swap, Ran into big trouble