MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   car running like sh*t (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/285976-car-running-like-sh-t.html)

johnjr45 05-07-2007 12:55 PM

car running like sh*t

when i run my car when it first starts up it runs awesome. i let itwarm up for 10 mints then go.. i dont floor it or anything but it runs really good.. then it gets warm and it feels like a dog... just dont seem to run right.. any info on anything it could be that would make it run like crazp when it is warm?????? thanks
also it started backfiring when downshifting sometimes...

mike.0621 05-07-2007 01:53 PM

RE: car running like sh*t

I had a similar problem before and it was my coolant temp sensor that was not reading (computer sensor not gauge sensor). the computer was not geting the signal that it was warm so it was dumping in too much fuel as it does when it is cold. Give it a shot it is a cheap place to start.

Mikegearin 05-07-2007 02:24 PM

I also have a smiliar problem with my car. Some people have told me that since I dont have a cooler for my supercharger that was the problem. Something to think about. Have you had this problem before you installed the supercharger?

johnjr45 05-07-2007 02:32 PM

ya my coolant sensor wont go off it stays on.. and it just started backfiring like crazy.. im going down to my buddys house tomarow and messing with it checking the fuel pressure and everything...

johnjr45 05-07-2007 07:40 PM

ttt

mattdel 05-07-2007 08:12 PM

gotta be the coolant temp sensor or the o2s

life rolls on 05-07-2007 11:45 PM

my car does the same thing, but it starts bucking real hard, and will idle very rough like it has a 600 lift cam lol

90Lxstanger 05-07-2007 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mattdel

gotta be the coolant temp sensor or the o2s
Mine does something similar, its at randoms times,maybe 1/2 the time ill run it in a day, like if i drive it once its fine start it another time its crappy, the weird thing is that is does this from the start, and it has hardly no pull, and it runs rick when it does this, now when is does do this i can just restart the engine, and itll be fine- seems to me like a sensor problem, but why it does it halfthe time i dont know at all

jasonvri 05-08-2007 04:59 PM

PULL THE CODES GUYS.

Don't waste time/money swapping parts without even asking the ecu for advice.

good luck,
jason

mattdel 05-08-2007 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: jasonvri

PULL THE CODES GUYS.

Don't waste time/money swapping parts without even asking the ecu for advice.

good luck,
jason
#1, half the time you actually get a code, the fault was caused by something else wrong.
#2, if a sensor is still within it's range but still subsequently wrong, it won't throw a code.