5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Beat Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Beat Cobra

351W w/ RHS 200 heads, XFI cam
Custom 60mm intercooled twin-turbo

Plus all the chasis and drivetrain supporting mods.

I should see close to 600rwhp and eat Terminators for lunch ............ hmm yummy
AEM engine mangment with traction control should help get it hooked up too.

Just got back from tuners, they had my new custom built T3/T4 turbos in
Will start install next week probably.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

a supercharged 347 with some 3.73's. im thinking the carb supercharger setup for my race car.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

wtf is a matter wit u guys. ur becoming like the 4.6 section its ridiculous, no wonder mustang guys are made fun of so much, u all try to beat other mustangs. why are u focusing on a stang, its a terminator, they beat vettes, u should be proud that a stang is a vette killer. the best saying i have heard is, " Terminator, terrorizing old men in vettes since 2003." go after the f*cking ls1 or someting else leave other mustangs alone.
oh and by the way if u have to ask what u need to do u wont make it.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

"2JZ, no ****.."
"and about 15 grand in parts overnight from japan!"
Old 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Build a big valve 306. My friend and colleage has a VERY well built 306 in an '87 vert 4cly conversion. It still needs paint and looks a little rough. The motor was in a '89 lx hatch that he totalled. I've been in both cars and he has a hard time getting terminator drivers to take him seriously. When they hear the big valve, big block sound (It doesn't sound anything remotely like a bolt-on 5.0) they usuallyease out off the line and if he tries to stay with them they usually hammer it. And so does he...and they get raped...bad...you can see the *** bubbles in their nose, thats how bad he torches them. And 02 Z06's, but they give him a better race than the terminators do. I must say that he doesn't drive his as a DD. It costs $5 just to fire it up, gets brutal gas mileage, and is lurchy and twitchy in heavy traffic.But it's a little monster. We took a terminator down by about 5-6 car lenghts in a 1-2-3 run and usually the other guy will pull up at the next light and bull**** and compliment each others rides. Not this guy. He stopped like 2 car lengths back and just sat there. We couldn't get him to go again, he just drove 50kmh like a ***** with his tail between his legs. Even funner are guys who have every bolt-on, save a blower, and try to take him down. Like those 260 horse GT things. It's like 15 cars then and they always look disgraced that some old fox with a different coloured trunklid blew them to the curb.Sleepers are so much fun! Long story short, price out the 306 build cost cause theres nothing like having big all-motor HP. There are a lot of 306's out there, do it like my buddy tho and do it up right to get the 475hp. I thought my fox was fairly quick until I tried him to see how fast it was. He gave me a 5 car lead and went by me like I was waiting for a bus...Big valve 306 FTW.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
uni_uni
2nd Gear Member

Youre gonna need to stroke it out to 347 then put some canfield 195 heads a holley systamaxx intake and a custom cam and he'll be in the dust

[/align]
Old 05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
BLUEPONY5.0

dont forget the bottom end main support to keep it from walking around
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ok considering a simple exhusat pulley and a tune will yeild upwards of 500-550rwhp on those beast you goin to need a lot cuz chances are ne terminator that is goin to race isnt goin to be stock.... so ull need:

Suspension/Chasis:
shocks
struts
springs
upper/lower control arms
subframe connectors
strut tower brace
torque box reinforments

other stuff wouldnt hurt... such as a new k-member or a roll cage

ull need the same amount of hp as them... you should be lighter so more hp really isnt need so close to equal

so will keep it simple if they have over 500rwhp then ull need a new block or risk cracking yours

but lets just say they dont have 500+
since u dont want nitrous ull want a nice h/c/i thats around 2k-4k depending on how rich u are and what u want
that can put u ne were from 260rwhp-340rwhp on average so ull need about 10lbs of boost on top of that... turbo is you best bet but they will beat u off the line if u go turbo... kb ull put u on an equal playin feel as then so u mite want to go that way.. but if u dont ahve mroe hp and better suspension u wont when... its probably around 10k in mods if u do all you work

oh yea ull need gear to take off as fast as they will.. tehy ahve 3.55s which is what i would get too... they will have a higher top speed cuz they have an xtra racing gear.... its really hard to beat them... THATS WHY PPL BUY THEM!!!! lol they just badass all around

Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
ErikSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Kenne bell blown 347 done correctly will eat most 03s alive. A aftermarket block, good heads, cam and supporting mods, you will make cobras fade in the rear view along with the hondas.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

351 with 205 afr heads
200 shot
4.10 gears
good traction

asta lavista terminator.....

Quick Reply: Beat Cobra