MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Changing Weatherstrip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/28608-changing-weatherstrip.html)

Dejavu 12-14-2004 08:00 AM

Changing Weatherstrip

Hey guys,

I got a 1991 Mustang GT Hatchback and I need to change the door weatherstrip, I was thinking of ordering the weatherstrip online and putting it on, but my question is, do I need any tools or other accessories to set it up?

Thanks guys :)

OneGearhead 12-14-2004 01:11 PM

RE: Changing Weatherstrip

order it from www50resto.com they have the cheapest probably. you can buy kits where you get the door, sunroof, and hatch weatherstripping. might as well replace 'em all at one time imo. but, either way.....no special tools. just a knife or a set of side cutters. they pull off, then, they just push back on, but, you need to cut 'em usually cuz there too long. but, easy job. no big deal. and why you need side cutters is cuz theres a wire in the hard part of the weatherstripping. and when you put it on, youre gonna have to close everything kinda hard for a while til it gets formfitted to everything. there ya have it my friend. lol[8D]

Quik 12-14-2004 03:00 PM

youll need the glue if it doesnt some with it. probably a flat bladed screw driver. im getting mine from Laurel Mountain Mustang since its close and a few ppl I know work there. this process is mainly time consuming

OneGearhead 12-14-2004 04:40 PM

what do you need glue for ?? it just slides on.........and it dont take that long.....really. ive done it. lol

Quik 12-14-2004 04:47 PM

wasnt sure if it was glued in or not but does help to keep it in place. i havent dont it on a stang yet but a few other rides did require glue

Dejavu 12-14-2004 05:33 PM

Hey guys,

thanks alot for the info, I was worried that I was going to need all kinds of crap to set it up. I also bought new door handles for it and I think i'm going to need the rivets, I didn't buy rivets, do i need rivets? lol and am I going to need a rivet gun? bah- crap lol I also bought some really cool door pins :) they're suppose to come in today but I gotta go to work in like, 30 minutes so I don't think i'll be here for em, I ordered them from UPRproducts.com cause I didn't find them on 50resto, but I think they got my address wrong because on the receite they send you to your e-mail it doesn't say my apartment number, grrr I hope they didn't screw up because I wrote it clearly when they asked for my info.

I like 50resto, thats where I got my door handles from, and I'll probably buy the weatherstripping from there too :)

Thanks alot guys, really, I want to make this car really nice and I basically have no clue- I'm trying to read up on them as much as I possibly can.

Hey, I'm going to post the specs of my car and stuff, and if I can get some pictures on a cd I'll post one so you guys can check it out and maybe help me with what upgrades I should do next and stuff

Ok, I got to get ready for work!

Thanks!

bobby 12-14-2004 06:15 PM

good luck, im anxious to see those pics:D