5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Well i "thought" it was an AOD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Well i "thought" it was an AOD!!!

So I was working on my car Sunday,and I tore the hold dash an front seats out to fix the squeaks it makes, and some how my shifter got hit and knocked it in to gear! No biggie it wasn't running anyway, so after I got it all back together I decided to fire it up and ................ nothing!!Iwas like[:@]WTF !!!So I started taking it all apart to make sure I didn't mess anything up, and I turn the key forward to get the radio to come onand, then I went to the trunk forsomething and I notice the reverse lights on I was like[:@]WTH!!! So I thought it was in reverse so Iratcheted the shifter downthen up ok its in park go to start ................ nothing[:@]!Ok so now im pisst, so I go looking to see what the deal was, I tear my shifter apart and nope! Its all good. Hmmmmm so I said well its late better get inbed. The nextday I get up and got to try to figure it out, I started looking at the linkage and thinking Great the shifter cable is broke,so I look and nope then see that its pop off the gear selector .ppheeew !Then Istarted looking at the Trans and thinking to myself damn the a funny lookingaod then I realized that its not a aod ,,,,DUH its a C-4!!Then I said wait ,,wtf no wonder it never had a 4th gear I thought it was burned out so I was going to rebuild a aod that I bought from a bud ,it not blown but it stock with40k on it. But its been sitting for a few yrs,an rather there hard milesor not, so I was like cool but then I started thinking. Shyt! I just put 373's in it and so much for hwy driving which sucks, cause outside of town the spdlmt is 60 but I have been told that its not going to be as bad as Ithink it is! Oh and btw you think that why my speedois jumping all over ??And if it is howdo ific it ?As for the driving thing! I'll find out in 2 days when get the rear end back in andtest out them new gears![sm=wootwoot.gif]ohhhhhhhhhh and i also noticed that some SOB tryed to cut my 3" tails off my car....... WTF now its got more leaks then a wicker basket full of water sheezzz well glad i got thatSLP on the way!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Well i "thought" it was an AOD!!!

One word, DECAF.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

or Riddlin.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
subhumantat
1st Gear Member

^[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]nice
Old 05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

dude, use a damn period once in a while.

why badmouth the c4? imho its far superior to a aod. 3.73 are not bad at all at 60.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

i get that way sometimes..

there is a guy runnin around town here.. that i AVOID, because he flat out confuses me the way he jumps around on topics, and talks real fast
Old 05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

IMO the AOD is far superior to the C4. You can retain lock up and you have an OD gear. The AOD is a GREAT street strip tranny.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

the aod is a weak POS in stock form
Old 05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

3 speeds are the SH@T!! put a shift kit in there and your all set. and i always found the freeway to be fun with that trans.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:13 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

I'd be thrilled to find a C4 in my car.

Quick Reply: Well i "thought" it was an AOD!!!