5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what u think about tuning with the tweecer rt..

Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: what u think about tuning with the tweecer rt..

Here's a place that has a bunch of different models. They are the same size as a single-DIN car stereo. You can go this route and get one of the small external 7" touchscreen monitors, or if you have the room you can get the larger double-DIN models that contain their own. Or you can go one step further and get a trunk mounted "Shuttle PC" with a DC power supply (instead of the normal AC ones) and run that to a standard walmart DIN DVD player / stereo with a build in retractable screen.

I'll try to find a link to teh single-DIN versions with screns built in. But even going with the external route, it's still a nice setup. Especially when you swap over to the digital dashboard and can see everything right there. AF ratio, speed, boost, spark advance, RPM, MAF volrage and airflow, TPS voltage, ACT, ECT, etc...
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

hey samseed i appreciate all this info for sure. thank u.. this was huge help..
Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Just to add a little more info: Here's a link to a video where someone demonstrates one that they have installed. I wish it were brighter in the video, but it's not too bad I guess.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:32 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnjr45

hey samseed i appreciate all this info for sure. thank u.. this was huge help..
It's a TON of reading... but it' worth it. Even if you don't get a tuner, at least you will understand how and why the car acts the way it does under certain conditions.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

ya im almost positive im going to get one...
Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

when u first got it and hooked it up how long do you think it took u to tune the car after you read up on it and everything...
Old 05-11-2007, 11:03 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I started screwing around with it right away. First thing I did was alter my idle. Then I changed my shift points (AODE tranny.) Due to the change to 3.73s, it was shifting way too early so I altered that and firmed it up a bit. Also turned off my EGR (since it was removed) and my smog pump. That stuff is easy to learn and takes no time to do.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:08 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

how hard is the air fuel wot and idle.. stuff like that.. im going to read everything before i start.. just seeing how it was for u.. thanks for help buddy..
Old 05-12-2007, 12:15 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

None of it is bad once you learn it... teh easiest way is to pick a section or area and learn hat before moving on. I messed with shift points first, then firmness. Then went on to turning things off (smog and egr). Then I spent some time learning MAF curves, how thy work, why they work, what they do, etc. That is probably one of th biggest things. Then I learned about the spark and fuel tables. then offsets, etc.

BTW, alother great feature is the "global spark adder." It's teh same exact thing as turning the distributor to advance or retard the timing, except you can do it instantly via the computer w/o even popping the hood

it starts out being real ahrd. But as you start to grasp it, you'll find that the other sections start getting even easier to learn as you get to them.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:20 AM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

awesome bro thanks for your help again.. im going to order one.. the website says they are on back order, so that sucks.. but we will see maybe can find one for sale that wasnt used on a forum..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what u think about tuning with the tweecer rt..