5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what u think about tuning with the tweecer rt..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:39 PM
jasonvri
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: what u think about tuning with the tweecer rt..

ORIGINAL: johnjr45

ya no doubt on that im very cautious when i buy anything over the internet.. i know what u are saying though.. ill def keep that in mind.. i appreciate that info.. ill keep u posted.. it sucks they are out of stock i cant even drive my car runs like **** with the 42lb injectors.. i was thinkin about going to get it dyno tuned since that is out of stock and then when that gets in stock just pick one up.. i think that is what im going to do.. i called the place to get my car dyno tuned and they said they could do it next week. this way its dyno tuned, and then i can wait to get tweecer brand new.. im sure im going to be changing stuff so that will always be good to have..
If you are in a hurry, that doesn't sound like a bad idea...

Mike (from tweecer) will usually be able to pull the custom tune from your dyno chip. That way you have a decent custom tune to start tweecing with.

You do need to mail the chip to STKR, but the whole process could be done within a work week pretty easily. I would think 2-3 days at best.

Sam-
Thanks dude
Old 05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

that is cool i kinda am in hurry, so that is cool.. that is what i will do then.. so they can just scan that chip through a file and i dont need to send them the chip?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:56 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you have to mail out your chip, they will read it and make a file of it for you to load into your tweecer
Old 05-15-2007, 04:59 PM
jasonvri
I ♥ Acer

that is cool i kinda am in hurry, so that is cool.. that is what i will do then.. so they can just scan that chip through a file and i dont need to send them the chip?
Before you get too excited...
Find out what kind of chip will be used for the tune (a call to the tuner shop will be needed)
And call up Mike, or post the name of the chip/tuner on tweecer yahoo board (there is a link to this forum on the tweecer site).
Mike watches that board pretty closely, so hardware/software compatability issues are resolved quickest on that board.

(I have recieved email responses within the hour to the couple of such questions I posed there, but it depends on what Mike is doing at the moment.)

You will need to mail the chip to STKR.

Let us know how it works out,
jason
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

ohh ok that isnt bad cool.. thought maybe they could just read the chip if i sent the file to them like they where going to tune it.. that would be pretty cool..
Old 05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ohh ok that isnt bad cool.. thought maybe they could just read the chip if i sent the file to them like they where going to tune it.. that would be pretty cool..
Maybe, but how would you get the "tune" off the chip and into a file that you could send? The chip plugs into the J3 port of the EEC. With the chip plugged in there, you can't plug anything else (like a tweecer) into that port. So you have no way to "read" the chip itself.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

this is all great info, i'm going to be ordering one myself at some point. sam, i'm sure i'll be bugging your for your input when i get one
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chath_brick

this is all great info, i'm going to be ordering one myself at some point. sam, i'm sure i'll be bugging your for your input when i get one
You'll love it if you get it. But you had better do it fast! We don't get very long summers here in Maine.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

ya that is true never thought of that.. was a good idea though
Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: chath_brick

You'll love it if you get it. But you had better do it fast! We don't get very long summers here in Maine.
i know it, i'm getting in as much 'stang time as possible before the snow flies again. i just ordered an MGW shifter, so that was my mustang budget for the month. i probably wont end up getting the tweecer until next spring though, my new house sucks upmost of my spare cash at the moment. but i missed third the other night so i said, "goddamn it, i need a new shifter." so thats probably my last mod for the summer []