5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Gettin new paint! What color?? *pics*

Old 05-12-2007, 03:03 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Default Gettin new paint! What color?? *pics*

Went to Cecil County Dragstrip last night with a bunch of friends, parked in the grass all the way down at the finish line. My buddy rolls up with his bronco, hits the brakes and slides in the grass right into the side of my car [>:]Needless to say, its fubar'd up. Monday it goes to the body shop for an estimate on ALL the body work (not just the part he hit) and new paint. Now heres where I am torn. Should I stay with white, or switch to another color? I need something to go with my black Ponies.

[:@][:'(]

Old 05-12-2007, 03:40 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gettin new paint! What color?? *pics*

that bites, is your buddy going topay to get it fixed.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Of course. We decided to not use insurance, because we both had liability and his insurance rates will sky rocket. I should have a rough estimate Monday afternoon. What color do you suggest?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM
91ford302
2nd Gear Member

i say white man. i love how mustangs look white and black, but i think your black wheels would be too much for a black car. also white will make it cheaper, cause door jambs and stuff adds alot to the price because of the large amount of prep and taping it takes to do jambs.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I would go with white also, good clean whits Gt's look sweet..... I have read to many stories where someone screws up someones car and they don't pay for it.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

ORIGINAL: 91ford302

i say white man. i love how mustangs look white and black, but i think your black wheels would be too much for a black car. also white will make it cheaper, cause door jambs and stuff adds alot to the price because of the large amount of prep and taping it takes to do jambs.
I didnt even think about that. I guess I should stay with white. And this will be payed for by my friend. I work with him and go to class with him, so it aint like it will go un-noticed.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:15 PM
johnjr45
3rd Gear Member

u will end up on judge judy in 3 months haha jk good luck with that, white is a good. i was thinking about getting my car done white to.. its getting painted in august.. luckly my buddy owns body shop.. he wants one of my jet skis so he is going to paint my car and throw in some cash in trade for my jet ski...
Old 05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]ALWAYS in the F*CKING REAR QUARTER ISNT!?
WHY CANT IT JUST BE A REPLACEABLE FRONT FENDER!? OR BUMPER!?
NO!
sorry.. someone hit my tbird at a gas station and drove off.. in the rear quarter..
gl! hope your friend doesnt bitch out on you![sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

ORIGINAL: cbennett

[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]ALWAYS in the F*CKING REAR QUARTER ISNT!?
WHY CANT IT JUST BE A REPLACEABLE FRONT FENDER!? OR BUMPER!?
NO!
sorry.. someone hit my tbird at a gas station and drove off.. in the rear quarter..
gl! hope your friend doesnt bitch out on you![sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
He wont bitch out, and I am pretty pissed off about it. The only part on these cars that cant be easily fixed, and this ****er is smashed all the way in
Old 05-12-2007, 06:08 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

damn, glad i didnt go up there like i said i would.... instead we got to put ryans new starter in his car... this is after push starting it to get it home.... ****in POS, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gettin new paint! What color?? *pics*