5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

K-Member Manufacturers and ratings

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:00 AM
influence
1st Gear Member

Default RE: K-Member What Else is Needed???

So You like that UPR Kit? I talked with someone over there today, seemed like a pretty cool guy. I asked if they gusset the corners and tabs for me, but he said he has to wait for his manager to come back from Indy. I also want to order the A Arms with 94-95 BAll Joints so I have no issues with my Spindles.

Team Z Motorsports also seems to have a very good reputation for cages and tube chasis. I see it this way Welding is an art and skill. If you learn this and the whats and hows of structural welding you probably will make a good product.

The problem with buying buying products from certain companies is that it isnt made here it was copied and produced overseas. That reproduction was made not from a drawing but from measuring up the original. Dont get me wrong, overseas production is amazing how they can copy a product and destroy a US Business owners dreams in a flash.
I know this first hand, I owned a company that manufactured fuel rails, Throttle Bodies, Cam Gears, Fuel Filters, Regulators, BOV, ETC. Tawaiin came in copied our stuff to the "T" put a new name on it and sold it for half the price. There metal was cheaper(pot metal, porus, lesser grade aluminum) however you could not tell by holding the part, only when it failed. Granite our name was big enough to fight this off, but we did lose alot of sales at first. That is until they had to buy that part again....

Well sorry for my babble.....and thanks for the help.

Its kinda like this you need a lighter hood
Carbonfiber.......1000.00
Fiberglass............350.00
There both do the same thing and pretty much equally strong

PA Racing
TeamZ Motorsports
AJE
UPR

Granatelli
MMR
D & D

Griggs