5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

dropping out tranny need help.. have ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: dropping out tranny need help.. have ?s

thats the stuff you need and by the way thats preety cool wit tha robots. i run automated welding machines on severe process related piping in nuclear plants all over the usa. our machines are basically robots only we program them from a console with video monitors as they weld in real time.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iceman89gt

thats the stuff you need and by the way thats preety cool wit tha robots. i run automated welding machines on severe process related piping in nuclear plants all over the usa. our machines are basically robots only we program them from a console with video monitors as they weld in real time.
thats pretty cool... the welding robots are really cool... all the ones i work on are plastic (i work at berry plastics in Evansville Indiana.. it hte head facility) but at toyota up in princeton Indiana the have a bunch of welding robots and there at pretty cool... there really quick too... there all automated so its cool... i got another year at Vincennes university.... my dad does start up for huge companies... his really good... did a new programing start up for 3M(tape companny.. sandpaper too) 3 different lines work 12-18 hours a day for 13 days... he was pissed... lol.... its a very interisting feild and im glad i got into it... i hope they let me do some PLC work and programming but rite now is mostly fabrications cleaning and want not.. basic matantince

and how much oil... 3qt??? or just too
Old 05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

get 3 but i think its only 2.5, you get the drive shaft out yet. just to give ya idea how quick ive had to do mine.... i got home at 3pm one day from work and dropped drive shaft, tranny mount, put new tranny mount back in,driveshaft back in, changed fluid in tranny, and oil and filter in motor. and changed throttle body out also. all that and was on the track racing at by 7pm that evening.but i do have a car lift. another tip for you, whenever you put tranny fluid back in rather than fighting it you can either fill it from the shifter or for later application after motor and all is in run a hose from the fill hole to the engine bay and put a funnel in the hose and fill it from there. its full when it runs out the side thats when you stop and once it stops drainingthe overfill then replaceplug and wipe it down.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

get 3 but i think its only 2.5, you get the drive shaft out yet. just to give ya idea how quick ive had to do mine.... i got home at 3pm one day from work and dropped drive shaft, tranny mount, put new tranny mount back in,driveshaft back in, changed fluid in tranny, and oil and filter in motor. and changed throttle body out also. all that and was on the track racing at by 7pm that evening.but i do have a car lift. another tip for you, whenever you put tranny fluid back in rather than fighting it you can either fill it from the shifter or for later application after motor and all is in run a hose from the fill hole to the engine bay and put a funnel in the hose and fill it from there. its full when it runs out the side thats when you stop and once it stops drainingthe overfill then replaceplug and wipe it down.
i dont have a lift so that doesnt help... and i dunno what im doin so i takes a while cuz i try to figure it out b4 i do it so i dont **** it up.... so its a learn process this time around not a time thing.... and that filling it from the shifter is a good idea.... what hole are u talkin about tho... im not sure i understand that
Old 05-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Cleeman99
3rd Gear Member

make sure ur not working on it well its in Nutraul to lol, and using a extended ratch is alot easier to get them on done i hade to replace the drive shaft on one of my dads work truck for his contruction and it was not fun but a normal sort ratchet wont do it and u'll have to use small pipe and also block the wheels front and back. good luck
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cleeman99

make sure ur not working on it well its in Nutraul to lol, and using a extended ratch is alot easier to get them on done i hade to replace the drive shaft on one of my dads work truck for his contruction and it was not fun but a normal sort ratchet wont do it and u'll have to use small pipe and also block the wheels front and back. good luck
yea i got 3/4 conduit cut in about a foot... well mroe like 10inch piece and i use it as a cheater bar... slides over the end of the ratchet.... and i have the front jacket up and the bak is double chalked, both front and bak of rear wheel... i will get it pulled out tomorrow
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

being means i gotta stay up tonight all night cause i start working nights tommorow night i was gonna be here for ya but hell i guess i could tell ya what size all those bolts and nuts are tooo but thats all part of learning cause if i just tell ya you wont learn nothing
Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

being means i gotta stay up tonight all night cause i start working nights tommorow night i was gonna be here for ya but hell i guess i could tell ya what size all those bolts and nuts are tooo but thats all part of learning cause if i just tell ya you wont learn nothing
yep... its gotta sux to remember it lol.... i like to look and see what it is so i can understand when i ask for guidance... which u been doin very well... much thanks.... i want to have it out tomorrow nite and the engine in and start hooking up some of the sensors and wires and what not... friend is coming over so it might help... he might just drink my rents beer(technically its not mine in only 19).... and watch lol.... and i am save with alcohol... never drive and never get so **** faced that you cant walk at all.. ppl like that drive me nuts at parties lol... they are kinda funny tho...
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 AM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

well pm me if ya need anything and i will try to answer
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

i can not get the bolts out of the rear end to get the drive shaft off... i got them soaking with Pinitrating oil (SP?) rite now... but they wont budge... even hit the ratchet with a hammer and everything and its not moving at all it seems

Quick Reply: dropping out tranny need help.. have ?s