5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what does it take

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default what does it take

ok i got a second job at a gas station and the other day a porche pulled up and the kid i work with knows him. the comes in and i asked him what it had....he named off a bunch of stuff including a TT setup. so we're shootin the **** and then a S-351 rolls in the the station and he comes in to pay and they start talkin. the convo got kind of heated and then they decided to race. well i wanted to see it so i asked them, "race in front of the store i wanna see it."

so they did, from what i could see the stang had sticky tires and exhaust the rest looks stock(for a saleen) they lined up and raced, the saleen STOMPED the porche, like by.....2 car lengths by the end of about a quarter mile. so what in the world did this saleen have? i heard no forced aspiration at all in the saleen. neither one missed a gear.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
psyche116
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what does it take

maybe the porsche was bs'ing about what he had...
Old 05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

and the whole time you didnt think to point one of the stores security cameras at the street? lol

bet it was fun to watch
Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

it was absolutely insane, well i didnt personal ask to look in the porche, but the kid that knew him that i work with vouches for him, i guess they've been friends for a long time. they were both insanely fast, it was like being at the drags
Old 05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

what was it a 81 porsche? What kind was it? they make tons of different kinds of porsche's?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

You were able to tell who won a 1/4 mile down the road? And no other traffic? Lucky them.

Ask the guy that knows the guy with the Porsche if he was bs'ing about the turboes. Every car ive ever heard with a turbo you could hear the whoosh between gears. Porsches can rev pretty high so the turboes had to be screaming. Kinda gives it all away right there.

The Saleen couldve had nitrous to for a lil extra boost.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

ok i got a second job at a gas station and the other day a porche pulled up and the kid i work with knows him. the comes in and i asked him what it had....he named off a bunch of stuff including a TT setup. so we're shootin the **** and then a S-351 rolls in the the station and he comes in to pay and they start talkin. the convo got kind of heated and then they decided to race. well i wanted to see it so i asked them, "race in front of the store i wanna see it."

so they did, from what i could see the stang had sticky tires and exhaust the rest looks stock(for a saleen) they lined up and raced, the saleen STOMPED the porche, like by.....2 car lengths by the end of about a quarter mile. so what in the world did this saleen have? i heard no forced aspiration at all in the saleen. neither one missed a gear.
And its PORSCHE
Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

You were able to tell who won a 1/4 mile down the road? And no other traffic? Lucky them.

Ask the guy that knows the guy with the Porsche if he was bs'ing about the turboes. Every car ive ever heard with a turbo you could hear the whoosh between gears. Porsches can rev pretty high so the turboes had to be screaming. Kinda gives it all away right there.

Porsche's are not set up like your everyday twin turbo cars. ALOT different
Old 05-15-2007, 03:27 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: cassidymustang

ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

Porsche's are not set up like your everyday twin turbo cars. ALOT different
what do you mean, how are they different? and yea no traffic, its on a corner of a three way street thats divided. sorry about the spelling. but its an 2000 porsche and for the woooosh......freakin wayyyyyy loud
Old 05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

And what kind of porsche was it, boxter, 911, 911 carrera, or carrera 4.....
They just dont sound the same as your ordinary twin turbo set up. Speaking from experience they just arent the same. my father has a 2004 911 twin turbo and you just cant compare it to any other turbo. i find that they are very quite (the turbos not the car) unless they have been heavily modded, and have ZERO turbo lag. cant find any good videos, but the one that i have here will tell you why porsche turbos are different then others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Pq_mm9BHI