5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What mod do i need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What mod do i need to do?

ORIGINAL: 5pointslow91

its obvious that you need more decals
haha... funny ****!!! yea i suggest suspension decals... MM sells decals... probably 20bucks or so... nice and cheap haha
Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

gears would help keep it form bogging down under 4k... as for the spin above 4k... assume u heated them up like u supposta the need thing to do is shock struts and springs.... and some nice lower control arms..... get either adjustable stuff or get stuff for drag only... drag only wont handle super great on the road tho(as far as cornering and what not)... im gettin adjustable stuff when i get mine but thats a lil ways down the road... i suggest u do the same if u dont wanna loss handling performance... it will me more price.... strange and a nice shock strut setup so thats a good deal... should cost 300ish for all for... and there 10way adjustable.... then springs are normally 200ish and adjustable rear control arms are newere from cheap *** 150 to MM 450 so thats what kidna quailty u want more than nething... 300 is a pretty good price for them... if u get non adjustable MM has a nice set for 250 i believe... there pretty nice... steeda and UPR are go places to check out too as far as suspensino goes.....
cool.... the shockes is the for all four or just the rear? never mind i read it again [8D]
Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

ORIGINAL: 5pointslow91

its obvious that you need more decals
haha... funny ****!!! yea i suggest suspension decals... MM sells decals... probably 20bucks or so... nice and cheap haha

i dont want to over do it with power
Old 05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iceman89gt

im running QA1 one way adjustables and they are fine thats also what my brother runs. im sure everyone on here can give you some suggestions but i can only vouch for these.
was is your best time? have you dynod it yet?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

what size are your tires and are you using the turbine rims?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Oval

what size are your tires and are you using the turbine rims?
they areM/T 275/60/15 stock ten holes
Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gearbanger

im running QA1 one way adjustables and they are fine thats also what my brother runs. im sure everyone on here can give you some suggestions but i can only vouch for these.
was is your best time? have you dynod it yet?
best time was a 12.55 at 109 mph. dynoed at 324 at the rear wheel but that was ages ago.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:22 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

thats a real good time....
Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 PM
iceman89gt
4th Gear Member

for a 306 with no more than i have on it i would say so myself but ya know theres always someone running 11.55 or some **** like that with the same setup on here. funny thing is though there never seems to be any videos hardly of all these killer cars. thanks for the compliment, i have worked preety hard on this car. another thing i dont see is how alot of these guys say they have this and that but if you add it all up they would have had to start the build at age 9 to be able to afford it. i mean heck i make 130,00 a year and the wife makes 30,000 a year and granted we have kids and all but still im usually having to save money up for parts. im almost done paying for my house and land also. i guess its the age diffrence.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

for a 306 with no more than i have on it i would say so myself but ya know theres always someone running 11.55 or some **** like that with the same setup on here. funny thing is though there never seems to be any videos hardly of all these killer cars. thanks for the compliment, i have worked preety hard on this car. another thing i dont see is how alot of these guys say they have this and that but if you add it all up they would have had to start the build at age 9 to be able to afford it. i mean heck i make 130,00 a year and the wife makes 30,000 a year and granted we have kids and all but still im usually having to save money up for parts. im almost done paying for my house and land also. i guess its the age diffrence.
those poeple that have fast cars especilly if they are young thier parents help them out... no bills, no looking for food, no rent ect. thats way they got all this money to work with... i was the same way but then i moved out got fired from a pretty good job and all sorts of other fun stuff,for the last year i havenot done anything to my car but i have biensaving up money here and there and i finally got enough to do some gears and some suspencion mods.... and its true all these people that say they run this and that but no proof...

Quick Reply: What mod do i need to do?