5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need help building a 10 second fox

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Crazy04Snake
1st Gear Member

Default need help building a 10 second fox

hi guys. well i can say this is a new neck of the woods i thought i wouldnt find myself in...but as im here i need you guys help. This is the situation....

my wife and i are getting ready to have a son(yay) and with me going back to college and not active duty in the service anymore...i need some more money. as much as i not looking forward to itim selling my cobra because we already got a gas saver. well mainly because a guy threw a really good price at me and im taking it. well anyways, seeing as my gas saver is slow as *****....and i wanna another toy to play with....id figure id get me a nice lil ol fox with some of the leftover money.

i know quite a little bit about the 5.0s....but im not too well into the market with the parts so i dont know whats the cheapest/best performing parts. my budget can spread but im looking to go as cheap as possible whether its n/a or f/i. ive already spotted a notch for $2000 so that much is gone. it will be driven on the street sometimes(dont care anything for driveability) and i already plan on stripping interior, stereo, deadener, carpet, panel, etc....so guys all i need is the muscle to back this thing up and i would appreciate your help....

....and its gotta be a manual....
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Default RE: need help building a 10 second fox

What's your budget? A 408 with decent heads, cam, intake and a blower will get you there no problem whatsoever. Gotta factor in trans, suspension, driveline, and rollcage work too though. And tires[:@] A budget will give a better idea of what we have to work with. What branch of service?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM
ROTTITANK
3rd Gear Member

Should have kept the cobra.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

slicks and a 250 shot of laughing gas otta do it. you will prolly only run it once. haha.

if you can get about 350 to the wheels and wide tires you may beable to get to high tens..... and great suspention
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Crazy04Snake
1st Gear Member

wellll...i can spend up to 10 grand. not wanting to at all though....but probably willing. i know you guys cars are light and you can get into the 12's with heavy suspension and minor bolt ons.its not gonna be a full race car....so i know i can get into the high 10's or low 11's without spending TOO muchmoney.im not looking to buy a whole another motor...seeing as close to 450 rwhp and a light enough car will do it. i know the 5.0 block can handle it. juts looking for rear suspension upgrades, motor and trans work, and im cutting all weight down....

....also wheels and tires.....
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Crazy04Snake
1st Gear Member

can anyone give me a break down list of those things?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

wait why couldnt you have just kept the cobra if you already had all that work done to it? and just bought the gas saver? wouldnt that have cost about the same? vs building annother car?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
smokesricers
2nd Gear Member

do a h/c/i swap and throw a blower on it
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

wait why couldnt you have just kept the cobra if you already had all that work done to it? and just bought the gas saver? wouldnt that have cost about the same? vs building annother car?
not if he sells the cobra for 35000, then only spends 10 to make another car

is that notch already a 5.0? if not go with a 393 since youll have to swap the motor anyway
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
jewel91lx5.0
I ♥ Acer

H/C/I, 150 shot, M/T ET streets, rear end ( auburn differential, 3.73s, 31 spline axels), no sway bar, 4 cyl springs, strange 10 ways all around, subframes, little stuff like no smog, battery in trunk, etc., you'll make over 400 hp to the wheels on the spray and if this thing is gutted like you say its going to be, you'll be knocking on the door of the tens, also consider a different tranny, It can be done for less than ten grand NO problem

Quick Reply: need help building a 10 second fox