5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Tuning Problem!!! YOU BETTER KNOW UR STUFF

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Tuning Problem!!! YOU BETTER KNOW UR STUFF

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Did you put a cover sheet on the TPS report?
Man, I always forget to do that!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

ya i noticed the rpms gain alot slower, sound i couldnt really tell cause it was loud in the building it was being tuned at, but the rpms wwould start slow then accelerate quicker and quicker as it got higher, when it hit 4300 it seemed like it stopped gaining power and the rpms did peg out as quick as they were accelerating before 4300
Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Did you put a cover sheet on the TPS report?
Man, I always forget to do that!
I'll make sure you get a copy of the memo.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

and im not sure bout that cover sheet on the tps, im assuming i didnt because i dont know what it is... sorry im not alot of helpim still new at this, i just really wanna be able to spray my nitrous, but i dont wanna have the same results as my first run in with nitrous, so im not sprayin it till its 100% perfectly tuned and i jus wanna figure out the problem, cause the guy tuning it seemed like he never seen ne thing like that before which worried me and he was kinda an *** and didnt explain anything to me
Old 05-16-2007, 10:58 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uenvyboykin

ya i noticed the rpms gain alot slower, sound i couldnt really tell cause it was loud in the building it was being tuned at, but the rpms wwould start slow then accelerate quicker and quicker as it got higher, when it hit 4300 it seemed like it stopped gaining power and the rpms did peg out as quick as they were accelerating before 4300
Do you happen to know what the MAF voltage was at 4300 RPM? Do you know what the airflow was through the MAF (in Kg/h)

When you got the C&L MAF, did your tuner just usethe C&Lcalibration tube or did heactually set theMAF transfer, high slope, low slope, offset, and breakpoint in your tune? I'm still wondering if your transfer got screwed up somehow.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:59 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

and im not sure bout that cover sheet on the tps, im assuming i didnt because i dont know what it is... sorry im not alot of helpim still new at this, i just really wanna be able to spray my nitrous, but i dont wanna have the same results as my first run in with nitrous, so im not sprayin it till its 100% perfectly tuned and i jus wanna figure out the problem, cause the guy tuning it seemed like he never seen ne thing like that before which worried me and he was kinda an *** and didnt explain anything to me
If you're running rich, then spray away. Worst case scenario, it will just make you run a little leaner. No harm done there (if you are indeed runing rich.)

But first, be sure to ask your tuner about the cover sheet for the TPS. You could be screwed if you don't get that done!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:03 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

man i wish u could talk to him, your kinda starting to sound like your speaking french, but i know he didnt touch my car except we changed the mass air meter, and even switched the entire mass air meter and a mass air tube off another mustang that was off the shop... he was telling me that some reason at 4300 rpms and im not sure about the voltage of the tps was goin off the charts and nothing he changed in his computer could fix it except twice when instead of peaking down it peaked up only twice, then he said the car is doing what it wants, like it wasnt listening to the computer... thats unfortunately all the help i personally can give, if you tell me what qustions and number the qustions 1 2 3 from most important to least ill call tony tomorrow so you might be able to help me more if i got more information and actually knew what i was talking about
Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 PM
uenvyboykin
2nd Gear Member

what is a tps cover sheet, and what does it show?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:07 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Top questions in order of importance:

1) Cover sheet for the TPS report

2) Exact AF ratio when it spiked

3) Max MAF voltage

4) calibration tube used on the MAF (what color / number)
Old 05-16-2007, 11:08 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

what is a tps cover sheet, and what does it show?
It's difficult to explain. If heknows what he's doing, he'll understand.

Quick Reply: Tuning Problem!!! YOU BETTER KNOW UR STUFF