5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wobbling Balancer Followup *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:59 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wobbling Balancer Followup *Video*

he's referring to the professional products one. yes you would need a spacer, they make them for each different size ford used.they are setup that way so one balancer can work on multiple applications. another feature of those are the 50 oz. wieght is removeable in case you ever got another rotating assembly and wanted to change to a 28 oz or internal balance application. pretty slick.

i just dont know if i would trust a uber cheap no-name ebay balancer spinning up to 6000+ rpm. i dunno, it all depends on how good those ebay balancers *really are* i suppose
Old 05-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

I bought my balancer from Pep Boys or Autozone...can't remember which. Do you guys think those balancers are trustworthy enough?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

he's referring to the professional products one. yes you would need a spacer, they make them for each different size ford used.they are setup that way so one balancer can work on multiple applications. another feature of those are the 50 oz. wieght is removeable in case you ever got another rotating assembly and wanted to change to a 28 oz or internal balance application. pretty slick.

i just dont know if i would trust a uber cheap no-name ebay balancer spinning up to 6000+ rpm. i dunno, it all depends on how good those ebay balancers *really are* i suppose
You're right...^ ^ I was confused, I thought he was referring to the one he had pictured... a regular one. The good one may be more balacer than he needs for his application, but I don't know how much he wants to spend or how much performance he's looking for. The ebay one I got is just for my DD so I'm sure it will be OK for me... at least he knows his options.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:24 PM
irish1
2nd Gear Member

I would not drive it like that, far too much expensive stuff a bad balancer can chew up...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:28 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: irish1

I would not drive it like that, far too much expensive stuff a bad balancer can chew up...
I agree...that Bad Boy is garaged. I really made my decision when I started it to pull it in the garage and the vibration commenced

I am going to give a few stores around a call to see if I can get one locally.....

Old 05-20-2007, 03:58 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

I called Autozone...they have a Dorman in stock: (62.99)

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

And then NAPA has the NAPA Brand...(69.99)

I would love to order that Professional Products one....but I cannot wait for the delivery

Which one do you think??
Old 05-20-2007, 04:13 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I have the napa one..works fine for me
Old 05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
blacknotchbob
1st Gear Member

The pulley spacer for the professoinal products balancer is around 60 bucks, and mine didn't come with the longer bolts needed for install. But it works good...
Old 05-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Blck92GT
2nd Gear Member

Pioneer/Powerbond...they are cheap for being SFI approved and are easy to read and time
Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

we used alot of pioneer stuff for stock / mild builds, like pushrods, freeze plugs, rocker studs, etc and never had a problem. dorman is also a company that has been around for quite a long time, so its safe to assume they arent going to sell garbage.

the only ones i would actually worry about is something on ebay with no name. if they are ashamed to tell you who made the parts, they are probably made in china or pakistan or something with shoddy metal, poor balancing, and crappy rubber.

Quick Reply: Wobbling Balancer Followup *Video*