5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Help from SN95 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help from SN95 owners!

EDIT: I don't know what the deal is, but it's not allowing me to post pictures. I have never had this problem. When I make the post, they show up, but once I click to post it for you guys, the pictures magically dissappear. Anyway, the pics are in my album until I can figure this out.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 91hatchgt

Here are a few pics, the car is 100% stock, looks and drive like new (aside from the slightly sun beat headlights, and stock wheels) Other than that the interior is perfect. So how hard is it to get those headers in there? Oh I forgot engine pics, Ill go out and snap some.

the body looks in really good condition, but that stang is screaming for a new set of rims
Old 05-21-2007, 06:37 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90mustang5.0

Here are a few pics, the car is 100% stock, looks and drive like new (aside from the slightly sun beat headlights, and stock wheels) Other than that the interior is perfect. So how hard is it to get those headers in there? Oh I forgot engine pics, Ill go out and snap some.

the body looks in really good condition, but that stang is screaming for a new set of rims
LOL, what did you think I meant when I said 100% stock?

Did you expect Cobra wheels and a cowl hood?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

91hatchgt. I have a set of BBK equal shorties for sale. $135 shipped. Carb legal....
Why are you selling them? How is the condition?? How hard is it to change the headers on an SN95, it sure looks tight in there.
I bought a set of long tubes because im doing some engine work. They are in excellent condition. If I hadnt bought the long tubes, i'd still be using them!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Cool, well I am interested, so I'll let you know when I am ready to purchase them. Will more than likely be soon. So no one has answered my question about the header install...

Can you install the new headers from the top without removing the upper intake?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

yes.... kinda

The drivers side needs to go in from the bottom....and the steering shaft needs to be removed.
the passenger side goes in from the top, but you'll wanna remove the TB to put it in...

excellent time to drop in a 65mm upgrade
Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Yeah I will probably do that. The car has almost 200k on it, but the compression checks out ok in all 8 cylinders, however naturally the oil pressure is on the low side. It is still in the Normal safe range, but it is lower than it once was. So instead of just rebuilding the stock heads, I was thinking about throwing on some Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads, but I don't want to buy a new intake just yet. Will the car run like crap with the stock intake manifold and big heads?

Also I plan on keeping the stock cam in the car, and just adding 1.7roller rockers, will I still need to upgrade to 24# injectors to keep up with these minor mods? TIA~
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Yeah I will probably do that. The car has almost 200k on it, but the compression checks out ok in all 8 cylinders, however naturally the oil pressure is on the low side. It is still in the Normal safe range, but it is lower than it once was. So instead of just rebuilding the stock heads, I was thinking about throwing on some Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads, but I don't want to buy a new intake just yet. Will the car run like crap with the stock intake manifold and big heads?

Also I plan on keeping the stock cam in the car, and just adding 1.7roller rockers, will I still need to upgrade to 24# injectors to keep up with these minor mods? TIA~
Please let me know... i've offered these headers to many people as I need to sell them ASAP so I can get a new set of heads for my car
Old 05-22-2007, 12:24 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Hey all, well I picked up my (new to me) 94 GT today! I drove it home about 73 miles and it is an awesome car! I have had an 88, 89, 91 and now this 94 and it is by far the nicest one of the 4. Great looks, very clean, a lot of power, who could ask for more. I will post pics tomorrow morning.

Onto my questions: I want to do a few little mods here in the next couple weeks including a whole new exhaust system. I will be going with BBK shorty headers (or summit brand depending), an X-pipe with high flow cats (in CA, must stay smog legal), and a cat back. I have used the Flowmasters in the past, but this time I would like to go with something else, does anyone have any suggestions???

I am also going to be upgrading the intake system with a MAF and TB, what size works best for the SN95's? I was thinking 73mm C&L MAF, and a 65mm TB. This is going to be my daily driver for years to come, so I want to keep the mods to a minimum.

1.7 Roller rockersare also going to be added when I replace the valve seals/push rods, etc.

Next thing will be gears, nothing big, but am wondering what is the best highway/street gear for an SN95 to boost the accelleration a LITTLE bit. I don't want to go with 4.10's so I am referring to either 3.55's - 3.73's.

I also want a nice set of wheels, but I don't want the Cobra's because everyone has them (although they look awesome!) What would you suggest? Bullit? fr500's? Sorry this is so long but I have a lot of questions! TIA~
Magnaflows all the way for the exhaust. I can't tell you how many complements I get with mine, and every body always ask me "what exhaust do you have?" and when I respond Magnaflow, they generally say, yea, it sounds great, never heard them before. I could tell you didn't have Flowmasters, because that's all I hear on stangs, and Mags sound much better. All the convos don't go like that, but I did have a similar one in a McDonalds parking lot one morning on my way to school.

C&L MAFs aren't worth a fud on sn-95s, look into an 80mm or 90mm Pro M, lightning, or granatilli MAF.

For TB I'd consider a 70 mm if you're upping the power with the heads, if not, then 65 will be perfectly fine.

3.55s FTW, if it's an auto 3.73s or 4.10s will do.

For wheels hit up www.tirerack.com for some ideas. I think only a handful of rims look good on sn-95s. I like the Cobra Rs, 98 Cobras, 03 Cobras, Saleen replicas, and of couse, high dollar expensive show grade custom rims.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Hey thanks, yeah it's a 5-spd, so I think I am going to keep with the stock gearing for a little bit.

A new question arose today when I was really inspecting under the hood today. There is an egr tube that runs right off of the headers into the egr valve (as far as I can tell) I did not have this on my 91!? Do the SN95 have headers specifically designed for this addition? Or do you have to modify it in some way.

Please don't reply telling me to rip all the egr stuff out, as I live in CA, and this is going to be my daily driver/ reliable commuter. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help from SN95 owners!