MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Went for my first drive in my stang! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/294582-went-for-my-first-drive-in-my-stang.html)

Foxbodyforever 05-24-2007 09:11 PM

Went for my first drive in my stang!

WOW such an amazing car, being 18 and never felt anything like that before, definately enough power for a young drive like myself. So one problem came up as i was driving, the car struggles to start after it has been running, it was really hot here today and if i shut the engine off after driving and then started it again the engine turned over very slowly but then fired up again. I let it cool down for an hour and it started great, what could this be? PS the battery brace wasn't on so the battery mightof been rattling around, could that be the problem?

Does Not Exist 05-24-2007 09:15 PM

RE: Went for my first drive in my stang!

Congrats on the Stanger! I don't think the batter tray was the problem at all. Give it all new fluids, change the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter and then see how she runs. Oh, check your timing too.

FrostByte 05-24-2007 09:19 PM

Sounds like your oil is gettin thin when hot. Full synthetic oilis thebest insurance you can buy!!!!!!

black89gt 05-24-2007 10:13 PM

your hard to start issue is probably the starter overheating. Mine did the same thing. You should upgrade to the 92+ starters becuase they are smaller and they have more torque.

chrizzle17 05-25-2007 01:50 AM

yea...i do a full tune up on every car i get....it works wonders for perfomance....even if that doesnt fix the problem it should still help your car run better

PRO50SC 05-25-2007 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: black89gt

your hard to start issue is probably the starter overheating. Mine did the same thing. You should upgrade to the 92+ starters becuase they are smaller and they have more torque.
That or a weak battery.

HACKGT350 05-25-2007 01:57 AM

it could also be high timing. i know when i set my timing too high i had a very hard time starting it after it had been running for a while and got hot. another thing could be the terminals on the starter solinoid might be coroded. mine were and it kept my car from starting after running hot for a while after i fixed the timing problem. it actually did that again yesterday morning i wasnt able to start the car at all after it sitting all night cleaned them up and it started right away havent had a problem yet

90lxstang 05-25-2007 04:47 AM

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: black89gt

That or a weak battery.
+1 on the weak battery. my car did that for a couple weeks before the battery died

91hatchgt 05-25-2007 05:09 AM

I didn't see anyone mention a bad engine, or battery ground. Check the main ground wires on the car. If they are making a bad connection (specifically your battery ground) the wires can become hot over time, in which case the electricity would not conduct through a hot wire, causing your slow start-up.. Just a thought.

primetime5.0 05-25-2007 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

Sounds like your oil is gettin thin when hot. Full synthetic oilis thebest insurance you can buy!!!!!!
how would that help? and adding fully synthetic to an older higher milage car isnt always a good thing