5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ac hose removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

Default ac hose removal

obviously i know how to get the ones with the nuts off but there are two hoses that go into the ac cooler and another one on the firewall that has this odd fitting... you take this little clip off which isn't really on to hard to begin with and then i assume the hose should slide out. am i missing something or is there another little clip or something that i missed. i can't get either of the three to budge. they all spin in circle but i have pulled as hard as my little9 inch pythons can muster and they aren't moving theslightest bit.

also in a unrelated thing. when i pulled the core out i think i may have unplugged a hose and i don't know where it goes. i know it runs underneath the intake and all the way to near the airbox it also has some sorta check valve with a sensor on it near the air box. anybody know where that hose is sapost to be plugged?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ac hose removal

The piece that looks like a radiator? Those lines? They have a spring lock on them, like the fuel lines at the engine. You can buy the spring tools at the parts store, i dont know the size. you open the tool up to go around the line and you push it into the spring side of the fitting to release the spring lock. Should be able to just pull the line out, might fight you a bit tho. That radiator thing is called the condensor.

As for the firewall im not sure what you mean. Is it that round can back there or on the firewall itself? I never removed mine so im not sure how the lines into the firewall. Im confused on the line spinning. or is there a nut spinning free on the line? Have you unbolted that 'can'? Thats the accumulator.

Pics would help...and which year.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

u have to have a special ford tool to remove the ac hoses. Post some pics so that we can see what ur problem looks like.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: adumb

obviously i know how to get the ones with the nuts off but there are two hoses that go into the ac cooler and another one on the firewall that has this odd fitting... you take this little clip off which isn't really on to hard to begin with and then i assume the hose should slide out. am i missing something or is there another little clip or something that i missed. i can't get either of the three to budge. they all spin in circle but i have pulled as hard as my little9 inch pythons can muster and they aren't moving theslightest bit.

also in a unrelated thing. when i pulled the core out i think i may have unplugged a hose and i don't know where it goes. i know it runs underneath the intake and all the way to near the airbox it also has some sorta check valve with a sensor on it near the air box. anybody know where that hose is sapost to be plugged?
You need these to release the hoses.

Any auto parts store will have them.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I dont what year you got but heres my 93. Theres another spring lock on the silver tube here. The huge hose just disconnect at the compressor. The line with 2 nuts, hold one while loosening the other. Are you removing your ac completely? Unbolt the accumulator from the firewall work at it until the lines lets go. Thatd be my guess.

These lines are up front for the condensor.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I forgot to check the heater hoses for which tube they connect to at the engine. Under the intake? The small rubber line that passes the distributor? That goes to the little small round thing next to the charcoal canistor. Need more info there. Have to leave for work now.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Ford is weird, my 86 has 2 threaded connections at the firewall, 87 changed to the botom one that rounded connection, some ^ like above have that clip on crap, [:@] anyway go to any parts store and ask them for the tools to disconnect a/c lines, should run like 10 bucks, mine were little plastic round things, you slide over the hose and push into the connection releasing the spring then you pull
Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Ok, misjudged the time i got 10 mins. From the back of the smog pump follow that rubber tube. On that tube is a check valve with a little nipple on it. Thats the line youre unsure of? Should be a vac line going to it. I tend to forget that sometimes when doing plugs. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

thanks for all the help guys... the picture you showed me is the problem it is the bottom line. i need to go get that plastic release thing from a parts store and that should do the trick. i will take a pick of the vauum line that i am confused about and post it in a half hour or so
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

here are two pics. the other end of the hose is attached underneath the upper intake. in those two pics you can almost see where i think it should be hooked up i just want to be sure it does go on the black container that has a open hole for it to plug onto.

Quick Reply: ac hose removal