MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Headlight Removal ? (HARD) HELP PLEASE (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/303205-headlight-removal-hard-help-please.html)

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 06:43 PM

Headlight Removal ? (HARD) HELP PLEASE

Ok .... i never thought in my life i would have to post to get help to figure out how to remove headlights on a 5.0??

There's some hard to get bolts back there is there anything else i can remove to get to them ?
has any one did this!!

7upedition 06-12-2007 06:45 PM

RE: Headlight Removal ? (HARD) HELP PLEASE

Find an Asian friend, they have little hands/arms!

Thats how I changed mine :D, otherwise your gonna struggle and take a whole bunch of crap off to reach all of them.

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 06:46 PM

hey i wanna see what a 7up edition looks like herd of it never seen one!!!

7upedition 06-12-2007 06:47 PM

click on my name and view the pic, I'm at work, no pics with me... I can email you some if you want.

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 06:55 PM

im gonna die i need helps

CrazyCobraSpeed 06-12-2007 07:09 PM

i didnt have to much trouble with mine... but i do have pretty small hands... and im not asain lol... just got small hands... kinda lanky... if i knew what i was doin id be a great mechanic cuz i can get into all kinds of tight spaces.... you goin to have to get a wrench that can fit... like a wrench with some good off set or otherwise a friend with smaller hands that u... or start taking a lotta that **** off..... take you pick....

302f150 06-12-2007 07:28 PM

on my fox, to put them in(had to put bumper on when i bought car) i just went from underneath the car. its not all that bad, still kinda tight. i could use a 1/4" ratchet for a lil bit, then i had to wrench them the rest of the way off. hope that helps

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 07:57 PM

2nd atempt i got the RH Side off and installed new lights only becuase the bolts was already loose ... the Other side is Too hard ... i really broke a sweat lol i just took a shower from that **** lol !!

May be i should get a smaller wrench? i wish there was a E-Z er way

PRO50SC 06-12-2007 08:38 PM

It's not hard at all. It also helps if you take out both inner and outer marker lights. Only 3 nuts holding the headlight bucket frame in. Are you sure you're going about it the right way?

kdizzle711 06-12-2007 09:47 PM

I agree with Pro50 I just did all six about 2 weeks ago and it took like 15 minutes. I'm 6'2 and have big hands andI didn't have a problem with it at all lol.

CrazyCobraSpeed 06-12-2007 10:02 PM

it a picutre so we can see whats goin on... chances are that u are attackign it from a bad angle are highly likely if your haveing major problems with it.... u should have had htem out buy now... i replaced head lights corners and foglights all in 1.5 with never doin it b4 and the lights i put in were ebay lights so i really had to play with them to get them to line up well.. otehrwise i would have been done in about an hour....

91hatchgt 06-12-2007 10:15 PM

I put all new headlights in my 89 in about an hour, and I have pretty large hands. I took out a couple of bolts from underneath the car, was not hard at all. Chances are you are trying to use the wrong tools. I only used one wrench the whole time, just had to get them a little loose and they backed right off with just my fingers.

mustang5_0gt 06-12-2007 10:45 PM

DOn't be a PUSSY JUST DO IT ITS NOT THAT HARD! If u have 2 ask 2 get headlights out u don't need 2 be working on anything i have a foxbody and i found out it is easier if u get under the front bumper and lay on ur back and reach up there. Just takes a little time

I'M SORRY FOR ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE IN MY REPLY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!![&:]

stang8689 06-12-2007 11:28 PM

yeah its really not the hard, you must got some stubburn bolts, did you spray some wd-40 on them, try a ratcheting 11mm wrench

PRO50SC 06-12-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: mustang5_0gt

DOn't be a PUSSY JUST DO IT ITS NOT THAT HARD! If u have 2 ask 2 get headlights out u don't need 2 be working on anything i have a foxbody and i found out it is easier if u get under the front bumper and lay on ur back and reach up there. Just takes a little time

Replies like the above will not be tolerated in this forum.

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 11:39 PM

Only Reason im not fixing them is it was raining and it's dark

Tommorow i will get better tool smaller wrench! its not that difficult i'll figure it out it's just i dont have alot of tools i was thinking someone was going to reply and say remove the BLANK and you can get to it lol!!!

What ever! ill tackle it tomorow! and post pics!

cleanfitty 06-13-2007 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

i didnt have to much trouble with mine... but i do have pretty small hands... and im not asain lol... just got small hands...

I wouldn't go around advertising that...

302f150 06-13-2007 01:23 AM

lol.....ignorance is bliss

LCBlackDep183 06-13-2007 02:35 AM

I'M SORRY FOR ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE IN MY REPLY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!![&:]

LOL ProSC OWNED YOU! :D

mustang5_0gt 06-13-2007 10:14 AM

lol no one ownes me!

mustang5_0gt 06-13-2007 10:18 AM

im sorry for being a dick and i should never of said wat i did

PRO50SC 06-13-2007 11:47 PM

lol no one ownes me!
You keep replying to threads in that manner and you'll find out how wrong you are. :eek:

Oh and nice apology. Just remember, we're all here to help each other out. Some of us know more, and some less. But the thing to remember is having respect.

black89gt 06-14-2007 02:54 AM

i got mines out in a breeze... but HEY im vietnamese.. LOL

LCBlackDep183 06-14-2007 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

lol no one ownes me!
You keep replying to threads in that manner and you'll find out how wrong you are. :eek:

Oh and nice apology. Just remember, we're all here to help each other out. Some of us know more, and some less. But the thing to remember is having respect.
Lol owned x2....

*Ducks from PROs beatin stick, runs the other way*

05MineralGreyMustang 06-14-2007 10:16 PM

My headlights are installed "?

Now i blew a radiator upper HOSE!.... sucks, my cars at Total Mustang Supply Here in florida !! getting some additional repair