5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Smashed Ass!

Old 01-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Stang Angel
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Smashed ***!

alright, i got news on my car. basically the people said that all my damage is either above or below the main frame so i don't have to worry about that. they aren't totaling it out, but all damage is gonna cost the *** that hit me $4,000. i'm so happy that i don't have to get rid of my baby but it's gonna take a couple weeks to fix it all. my mom told me after it's fixed if there are any signs of it running bad that it's gone though so keep your fingers crossed for me. and to you ohsoquik, i live near chicago and i'm not giving that baby up unless i absolutely have to.[sm=trust_me.gif]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

WOW! You got plowed in the ***! My ex used to like that.... At least you are okay! Hope they get it all back together for ya!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I wonder if she wasn't a girl if you guys will be making these obscene comments. You people are the reason for the feminist movement, lol.

Anyway, you're not going to have to pay that $4000 are you? It is up to the person who hit you right?

Also, don't go to the insurance company's "recommended" shops, because they tempt you with the warantee, but what it really is, is those shops have worked a deal with the insurance companies, when they do the "estimate" on your damage, it will "coincidentally" be EXACTLY the amount the insurance company awarded you for the damage. Hm, what a coincidence right? Basically it's a set up so you don't get any left over, and I bet the insurance company get's some of that money back as a reward by the shop for referring you to them.

So after you get the check for the damage, bring it to the dealership your brother works in, so he won't inflate the price to match the estimate check like their recommended shops would.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Oh, but if for any reason you can't bring it to that dealership and you need suggestions on good places to bring it to, my sister lives up there in the Evanston area, maybe I can call her up and ask her if you need any advice...
Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Stang Angel
1st Gear Member

well, #1 thanx for standing up for me but i'm used to cruel and rude comments towards myself. i dish it out as i receive it, i'm like one of the guys considering they're all i hang out with. #2, no, i'm not paying a damn penny for the **** that guy did to my car. the only thing i'm paying for are my pain killers and muscle relaxers for my neck that was strained when i hit my head. and #3, i don't really know what's going on with the repairs. my parents are handling it all but i know my brother is in on it and will help get the best out of it. if for some reason i did need more repairs on it or some place to take it my friend works in a customizing shop and knows everything about mustangs, they are his passion.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-08-2005, 05:25 AM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

But I can't imagine driving my Mustang up in Chicago, the streets are horribly paved, roads are almost always under construction, and when it snows... forget about it... when I was up there, I never drove any sports cars, lol. Well, I drove my sister's Honda Civic, some kids consider those sports cars, haha.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:05 PM
85mustangGT
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt go to the places the insurance company recommends because they usually make deals together. the insurance company will give them work and the body shop will cut them deals, not always for good work. id just ask family and friends where they have gone and how the car turned out.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Stang Angel
1st Gear Member

yeah, some of the weather conditions here really don't work well with my car. it sux having to drive one of my parent's cars in the snow but then see other mustangs out and about. it always makes me think "yeah, you think you're cool. i have one too and i'd kick your ***", mwahaha.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Lance
1st Gear Member

I'm sorry about your car, and physical pain
I hope you get well soon, best of luck with the car. [:@]
Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Stang Angel
1st Gear Member

thank you, thank you. my physical pain is gone, it wasn't too bad and i'm just happy that my car is able to be fixed. i'll have to post a pic after all the repairs are done.[sm=smiley1.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smashed Ass!