5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

opinions on this turbo

Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Default opinions on this turbo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-94...spagenameZWDVW

Do you guys think this is a scam? I was thinking about ordering this kit soon to piece together an inexpensive turbo kit. Of course i would still need the turbo manifolds and fuel system and ****, but what do you guys think? Is it a scam, or is it just a plain out ****ty kit?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: opinions on this turbo

$1000 for a couple POS turbo's and no manifolds... go for it... shoot yourself in the foot

OR you could join the rest of the intelligent people on here and NOT buy the POS ebay kits.
look into www.treadstoneperformance.com
or
www.bgturbokits.com

dont waste your money on anything else
Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

hey man no need to say that im unintelligent. I figured this kit was a piece thats why i posted up on here, and further more, only being a grand i wasnt expecting it to be top dog anyhow. Just posting up for some opinions.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

its been posted here SOOOOO many times... try searching next time... these threads make me a sad panda
Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Well adder, whats so ****ty about them that makes them not worth the grand it costs? I'm well aware it doesnt come with manifolds, so dont bring that up. I'm not defending it at all, justtrying to learn.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

those turbo's are widely known for being garbage. the compressor housings crank and break because they are glued together with epoxy, they are usually not balanced properly, the impellers tend to chip and break.

but if you want little shards of metal being blown into your motor.... be my guest.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XPBaller

Well adder, whats so ****ty about them that makes them not worth the grand it costs? I'm well aware it doesnt come with manifolds, so dont bring that up. I'm not defending it at all, justtrying to learn.
Because hte things are pretty much held together with elmers glue. If you do run them, expect them to fly apart fairly quickly.

I never thought i'd say this, but you'd stand a better chance running a Powerdyne.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

cool guys, thanks for the forewarning. How was i supposed to know they were held together by a gluestick?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

by searching
Old 06-18-2007, 04:25 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

adder have you been looking on turbomustangs for the past 2 yrs any???? seems like treadstone through a couple of people have copied BGturbokits single turbo setup,,, supposidly started with brain at B&G selling a dude his hot parts, then the dude selling them to another guy who sold them to another guy VECCO, then from vecco it became treadstone (jason stone) and then that is where it is now,, ive been trying to decide which way to go either HP, PTK, B&Gor with the Treadstone single T76 kit, cant decide, but with PTK, B&G, and Treadstone all having damn near the same setup, 1 5/8" header tubes to 2.5" X-over kinda hard not to try the treadstone, i konw that R Barn loves his IC, looks like people that have problems with the kits are that the welds sometime crack but i have access to a tig so i could just reweld them before install to make sure they hold, i know HP has 1 3/4" header tubes and 3.5" downpipe as wella s B&G with their 3.5" downpipe, but just kinda makes me wonder how good the treadstone parts are to be 1400-2500$ cheaper than the rest of the group except that they are mass produced?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: opinions on this turbo