5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

might be gettin anderson to tune car

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default might be gettin anderson to tune car

i mite being goin up too clinton illinois to get my car tuned ... one in town sux and there is one an hour away that isnt much better from what i have heard.... do u guys think its work a 4 hour drive up there??? i am interested in gettin a PMS system but i wanted them to show me how to use it and give me a basic starter tune... also do u think driving an untuned car four hours is a good idea... im thinking now.. but my uncles trailer is out od service as of now so id have to hire some1 to take it up there and with the rising price of gas it might not be a cheap 4 hour delivry... also should i even get hte PMS setup or just get a basic cheap and tune??
Old 06-27-2007, 12:53 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: might be gettin anderson to tune car

Personally I'd rather have the Tweecer RT. But If my only choices were between the PMS and a chip / tune, then I'd go with the PMS.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
94IVGT
2nd Gear Member

ive got the PMS and its great and the drive is worth it. its a two hours drive for me but they know theyre ****. im sure theyre is gonna be an argument over the PMS vs the Tweecer in here. they both can control the car unlimited changes and tunes. the pms has a controller with a digital screen the tweecer requires a laptop. price comes out to be about the same for the PMS or the Tweecer with a laptop. i would recommend the PMS. Rick can give you the full info on the PMS if youv got more questions on it or check out the makers page at www.efisystems.com
Old 06-27-2007, 05:38 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

stay away from the PMS... its a piece of ****...

get a dyno tune with an SCT bank chip
Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

tkae it speedys it'll be worth it. they do a good job for it being a small town.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

the pms is great and very easy to use. you wont have any problems driving it 4 hours without a tune just stay off the gas peddle.

as far as the debait over which is better, there are too many factor to decide. its all personal preference. i have the pms but if i were to buy a stand alone id buy a FAST system. the pms, tweecer, megasquirt, AEM, etc, they are all garbage compared to the FAST system and BS3
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

well i'm no tuner expert, but i'd say trailer that car, even if you have to rent a uhaul car trailer for a day, they're pretty cheap, and no mileage to count. as for tuning i'd listen to these guys ^^^
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94IVGT

ive got the PMS and its great and the drive is worth it. its a two hours drive for me but they know theyre ****. im sure theyre is gonna be an argument over the PMS vs the Tweecer in here. they both can control the car unlimited changes and tunes. the pms has a controller with a digital screen the tweecer requires a laptop. price comes out to be about the same for the PMS or the Tweecer with a laptop. i would recommend the PMS. Rick can give you the full info on the PMS if youv got more questions on it or check out the makers page at www.efisystems.com
I hear that argument all the time and it never makes any sense. I can't believe people still try to use that as an argument for buying the PMS.

Okay, so lets say that you do buy a laptop and the price comes out to be exactly the same. Are you saying that that makes it equal? What can you do with the PMS besides tune the car? Absolutely nothing. What can you do with the laptop besides tune the car? Watch movies, Burn CDs, DVDs, play music, surf the web, any countless other things. It's a stupid argument. Why would you want to pay the exact same price and get less functionality?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

the pms is great and very easy to use. you wont have any problems driving it 4 hours without a tune just stay off the gas peddle.

as far as the debait over which is better, there are too many factor to decide. its all personal preference. i have the pms but if i were to buy a stand alone id buy a FAST system. the pms, tweecer, megasquirt, AEM, etc, they are all garbage compared to the FAST system and BS3
+1....save up and buyaf.a.s.t or big stuff 3 system or buya sct chip/tune. it can hold 4 tunes and drive like stock otherwise. i have seen 900+rwhp cars drive stockish using the a9l and a sct chip

btwwith your mods the worst tuner in the world shouldn't have a problem giving you a good tune
Old 06-28-2007, 12:03 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

stay away from the PMS... its a piece of ****...

get a dyno tune with an SCT bank chip
why is it a piece of ****... i heard its really ez to use and its pretty effective.... the price isnt great but the learn curve on other stuff makes me shy away

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: 94IVGT

I hear that argument all the time and it never makes any sense. I can't believe people still try to use that as an argument for buying the PMS.

Okay, so lets say that you do buy a laptop and the price comes out to be exactly the same. Are you saying that that makes it equal? What can you do with the PMS besides tune the car? Absolutely nothing. What can you do with the laptop besides tune the car? Watch movies, Burn CDs, DVDs, play music, surf the web, any countless other things. It's a stupid argument. Why would you want to pay the exact same price and get less functionality?
yea i already have a lab top newayz... i dont like hte learning curve i been hearing about... i dont mind have a labtop plugged in but u can keep the pms plugged in use the gauges it has on it... which saves u money on gauges... granted it doesnt look as good know...

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

tkae it speedys it'll be worth it. they do a good job for it being a small town.
i heard from a guy in town that speedy doesnt always do a good job and im afraid of messing something up... m friend said he knew some1... didnt give a name... but they tuned his car and something ****ed up and they wouldnt cover the cost.. said it was his fault cuz he didnt do the h/c/i rite... but he had a machanic help him out with the h/c/i so it was do correctly... i dunno im just not sure i wanna take the chance??? have u heard nethign about that?? ...

other think is when i but the s/c down the road i wanna be able to self too... i dont wanna have too keep taking to a tuner time and time again

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

+1....save up and buyaf.a.s.t or big stuff 3 system or buya sct chip/tune. it can hold 4 tunes and drive like stock otherwise. i have seen 900+rwhp cars drive stockish using the a9l and a sct chip

btwwith your mods the worst tuner in the world shouldn't have a problem giving you a good tune
im not goin to run enough hp on this car to make fast worth while.... but i do have a h/c/i with a shot of nitrous so a tuner could **** it up pretty good... thats not im my sig i know i just havent updated recently

basically im looking for somethign i can self tune with.... i dont wanna spend a ton... bascially a pms system with the cost of a tune is about my limit... which is about a grand.... which is a lil high i know.... i have a shot of nitrous and i plan on get a turbo or supercharger pretty so... like after i get suspension done and decide for sure what i want... with in a year.....

Quick Reply: might be gettin anderson to tune car