5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

time to start looking at suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:12 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default RE: time to start looking at suspension mods

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Team Z
no idea what hte hell that means... is it a company?? more info please full auto
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Team Z is another company that makes suspension and chassis components, pretty over the top stuff from what it seems but i don't know anybody who rocks their parts. http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/

the UPR and QA1 k-members are pretty much the same, in fact i heard UPR just selles QA1 products but brands them as their own, i have no idea how true that is though... either one will work great.

that list looks good. only thing that bugs me is this " Lower torque torque boxes Price: $98.99" ...i don't know from wich company you got that ptrice, but UMI selles them for 45$ and i'm betting they're exactly the same. you can get the packaged QA1 kits on ebay.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:53 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

Not to throw you off course or make you change your mind but I spent about $1,000 in front suspension parts recently and I went UPR all the way. Alot of guys are running UPR stuff in drag racing. Everything fit PERFECTLY and i didnt have to modify 1 peice on the car. The kmember was light enough that I was able to do it all myself which was great. I went with Strange 10-way adjustable shocks up front for my coilover kit, with upr caster/camber plates.

When im ready to do the back im going with UPR double adjustable uppers and UPR solid lowers. For springs ill just probably do the moroso drag springs as the class im going to run in wont let me run coilovers in the back
Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nick_thames

Not to throw you off course or make you change your mind but I spent about $1,000 in front suspension parts recently and I went UPR all the way. Alot of guys are running UPR stuff in drag racing. Everything fit PERFECTLY and i didnt have to modify 1 peice on the car. The kmember was light enough that I was able to do it all myself which was great. I went with Strange 10-way adjustable shocks up front for my coilover kit, with upr caster/camber plates.

When im ready to do the back im going with UPR double adjustable uppers and UPR solid lowers. For springs ill just probably do the moroso drag springs as the class im going to run in wont let me run coilovers in the back
i have heard they are pretty good... i am cosidering then kit u say the strange struts fit with the URP coil over kit??... i like the URP kit cuz its one of the lightest k memebers out htere cuz its chromoloy (SP?) ... i heard its liek a 70-80 pound removal on off hte front... which is a pretty big deal... give u a lotta run too... i think i might go with it if hte strange struts fit.... i still like the idea of the toqure arm from MM tho...
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

what is the best order to do the mods in... cuz i dont have 3 grand to drop on it all at once
Old 06-30-2007, 07:50 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

well you're stuck buying a set of four springs anyway so you can just put the shocks/struts and springs right away, it'll make a very nice difference... then work your way into as budget permitts.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

well you're stuck buying a set of four springs anyway so you can just put the shocks/struts and springs right away, it'll make a very nice difference... then work your way into as budget permitts.
good point... what after that??? would u say the rear end is more important than the k member??
Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

for what u want i would rock the upr stuff.

team z would kill ur budget more than likely and more than what you would need

i think MM is over priced and over rated.

for flat out drag i would use team z or wolfecraft racing in a heart beat
Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

BOOOO!!! get off the stage! [8D]
Old 07-01-2007, 05:41 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

BOOOO!!! get off the stage! [8D]
maybe its cause i am cool and i don't like turning i am more of a 1320 kind of guy

Quick Reply: time to start looking at suspension mods