5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

time to start looking at suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: time to start looking at suspension mods

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

i think MM is over priced and over rated.

BOOOO!!! get off the stage! [8D]
maybe its cause i am cool and i don't like turning i am more of a 1320 kind of guy
haha! damn you cool straight line people! ...my plan is to build a good all around solid street/strip car, so in my case MM is a must for some things. i do agree they are expensive! but i believe they are still worth the price.... the only other company i could find that made LCAs with an adjustable perch was granatelli (they were basically a knock off of the MM LCAs)... but like i always do before buying something, i searched up on them, sure enough i found tons of complaints on the granatellis, pictures of bent arms and some of them even snapped in half, so i figured the extra 150$ was worth it. all the MM products i bought so far were top notch... never been disapointed.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

so those are nice for the ride height adjustment?

the lakewood traction bars i had did the same thing for half the price
Old 07-01-2007, 06:36 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

so those are nice for the ride height adjustment?

the lakewood traction bars i had did the same thing for half the price
you mean the ones where you have to unbolt the rear from the axle bracket and relocate them? ....i haven't seen any lakewoods with an adjustable perch, just an adjustable bracket (with like 2-3 positions) seems like a PITA for very little adjustability. i don't even need to take off the wheels or lift the car to adjust the MMs, just stick a 1/2 drive ratchet in it and turn, can go 1" lower than stock and up to 2" higher... the MM also have a solid spherical bushing on the axle... which is nice.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:41 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

very good point. yea i would have to jack the car up to adjus mine some. i had mine in the lowest setting it seemed to hook better.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:12 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

yeah i heard the location of the bracket really helps put the power to the ground... lakewoods would probably be my choice if straight line was my only concern.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:49 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

damn i go to sleep for a few hours and u guess are chattin like crazy.... so which LCA can u adjust without taking them off??? is the ones in this kit the same as the ones your talking about cuz i really like this 3 piece kit.... seems like a pretty badass rear end setup

Torque Arm Package, 1979-98, Standard Duty
[ul][*]MM Standard Duty Torque Arm[*]MM Panhard Bar[*]MM Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms[/ul]
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

damn i go to sleep for a few hours and u guess are chattin like crazy.... so which LCA can u adjust without taking them off??? is the ones in this kit the same as the ones your talking about cuz i really like this 3 piece kit.... seems like a pretty badass rear end setup

Torque Arm Package, 1979-98, Standard Duty [ul][*]MM Standard Duty Torque Arm[*]MM Panhard Bar[*]MM Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms[/ul]
yep there the same adjustable
Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

indeed, same ones i have, very nice pieces... they also have grease fittings at the perch and at the chassis' poly bushing for easy maintenance.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

so would u guys say that its a pretty good kit for the rear end??

Torque Arm Package, 1979-98, Standard Duty
[ul][*]MM Standard Duty Torque Arm[*]MM Panhard Bar[*]MM Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms[/ul]it says thats is good for both cornering and straight lines... i know you says its not as good for straight lines crazyhorse i was wondering why u think that... dont get me wrong im not saying your wrong i know how sites talk up their parts but i havent done nearly as much research as u so i wans wondering why u think that... how big of a differences would this 1000 grand kit make??? like are we talkin huge traction gain??
Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

so would u guys say that its a pretty good kit for the rear end??

Torque Arm Package, 1979-98, Standard Duty [ul][*]MM Standard Duty Torque Arm[*]MM Panhard Bar[*]MM Heavy Duty Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms[/ul]it says thats is good for both cornering and straight lines... i know you says its not as good for straight lines crazyhorse i was wondering why u think that... dont get me wrong im not saying your wrong i know how sites talk up their parts but i havent done nearly as much research as u so i wans wondering why u think that... how big of a differences would this 1000 grand kit make??? like are we talkin huge traction gain??
well i did say that 'i think' that <----notice the quotes, as it means i'm not positive about it. the point of the 3 link is to let the axle move more freely and prevent it from binding, to me that seems like something that woul greatly benefit you on the street or autoX, but might be inconsistent on the strip, not that it would get less traction, just be less consistent because the axle can have movement in it.... then again camaros and T/As have been rocking the 3 link set-up for years and they seem to get better traction than we do stock vs stock ...so in all honesty i wouldn't take my word for it, but from what i can gather there's no mustang drag racer that i know of that will waste the time and money on a 3 link.... only autoXers seem to benefit from it.

Quick Reply: time to start looking at suspension mods