5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Dummy Airbag

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
88_cobra
2nd Gear Member

Default Dummy Airbag

where can i find a dummy air bags for a sn95 stang...are they illegal?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dummy Airbag

Don't know where you could get a dummy bag, and as far as legality I don't know of any laws that prevent a person from disableing or removing the air bag from their car.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i know airbags are federally mandated in production vehicles....i think 94 95 productionof air bagsstarted in about90. they arent illegal but your insurance will rape your for it in premium cost, and if you get in an accident they can deny your whole claim if you keep air bag safety option on your policy. i recomend putting a real one back in.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

i know airbags are federally mandated in production vehicles....i think 94 95 productionof air bagsstarted in about90. they arent illegal but your insurance will rape your for it in premium cost, and if you get in an accident they can deny your whole claim if you keep air bag safety option on your policy. i recomend putting a real one back in.
Even if they wouldnt, its better to be safe than sorry. Although im not sure how theyd find out unless you told them its not a real bag in there. Either leave it in or take it off your policy.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
88_cobra
2nd Gear Member

it would be for an 88 w/ a sn95 interior swap so why waste having perfectly good airbags in the car and they cant work
Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

Even if they wouldnt, its better to be safe than sorry. Although im not sure how theyd find out unless you told them its not a real bag in there. Either leave it in or take it off your policy.
two things, when stuff like this happens cops ask tons of questions im sure samseed would agree on this to get you talking and then they would probly throw soemthing out there "i noticed your airbag didnt go off" most of the time your in the heat of the moment and you'll tell them, either that you wont think its a big deal and you tell them anyways. policy report goes to insurance agency and your caught orrrrr they'll investigate the crash or your claim for injuries and you'll be caught for a dummy bag. i think theirs kind of an irony in the name of this product. eheheh
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: 88_cobra

it would be for an 88 w/ a sn95 interior swap so why waste having perfectly good airbags in the car and they cant work
ok well you didnt say that to begin with. get the dummy bag. or fill it with some dense cushy material and seal that biatch up.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

It's an 88... they don't have airbags until 90+, besides he's doing a custom interior install. The insurance company wont ask for airbag info on a vehicle thats not equipped from the factory with it. Try E-bay or some of the mustang resto sites. Forget about the insurance BS
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

thats why i said, he should have said that in the first place, i thought he was talking about an actual sn95 car. interior swap with no airbag option vehicle....wouldnt worry about it dummy airbag away
Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

here is a site that sells dummy airbags.

http://store.hicksairbagcovers.com/c...9&scat=286

Quick Reply: Dummy Airbag